8. my ivy grows

CHAPTER EIGHTbaby jenny and guitar jake

CHAPTER EIGHT
baby jenny and guitar jake

JAKE JAGIELSKI had been hiding a secret from everyone

JAKE JAGIELSKI had been hiding a secret from everyone. Not the type of secret where if it got out it would be a betrayal; but the kind of secret that was forged to protect the one thing he cared about more than life itself — his daughter, Jenny.

Natalie Scott resembled the same trait when it came to her brother, Nathan. Their souls were intertwined more than anyone's — sometimes the girl thought she could really feels her brothers pain and vice versa.

Jake hadn't expected to have someone like Jenny in his life, a daughter, someone he was supposed to take care of. Mostly alone. Natalie had though because Nathan was with her through everything; he knew everything about her.

Jenny didn't know the type of person Jake was. Perhaps that's why Jake would learn to be grateful for Natalie Scott — because she didn't really know either and he didn't really know her.

Natalie stood outside of the James household, she knocked three times before standing back a little. It wasn't long before the door opened to reveal Haley — a look of surprise and then worry crossed her face.

"Hey, Natalie".

"Hey", the Scott replied back, "Is Nathan here? He didn't come home last night".

Guilt cut through Haley when the words were spoken, Nathan had stayed with her after everything that had happened; but seeing Natalie's gloom faced made her feel like she should've sent him home when he had asked to stay.

Haley was very aware of the affection the twins held for each other, where one was, the other wasn't far behind. Even when Nathan had been horrible, Natalie would forgive him.

Nathan didn't just need Haley to be a better person; he needed Natalie too.

"Yeah. Erm, let me go get him", Haley awkwardly spoke with a tight lipped smile before motioning for Nat to come inside before closing the door.