6. house of stone

CHAPTER SIXmy house of stone

CHAPTER SIX
my house of stone

BROOKE DAVIS would say that Natalie Scott was a nerd through and through

BROOKE DAVIS would say that Natalie Scott was a nerd through and through. She often would become out of character and yell or make snarky remarks but ultimately the youngest Scott had the softest heart.

But she did not have the softest heart when she began reciting what had happened the night of the Tree Hill Away Game.

Brooke walked to class with Peyton and Nat with a huff, while the two laughed and joked about what she had been like after she had taken the pills. Natalie had made a few remarks that had the Davis girl rolling her eyes but nonetheless she tried to hide her smile.

"All I remember is us and tutor girl in my car and then Lucas and Nathan and then you said something about being into Lucas", Brooke looked at Peyton specifically while they walked outside the school, "but it could have been Nathan, and I need to know".

Peyton raised her eyebrows while Natalie read her Albert Einstein book, watching the steps so she wouldn't fall, "Need?".

"Two of them, two of us".

"Both my brothers", Nat chipped with a chuckle and the two girls groaned.

"Plenty of fine Scott boys to go around and your courtesy hold on Lucas has expired", Brooke carried on to Peyton with a skip in her step, wanting to know what her friend was thinking.

Natalie flipped over a page, "And I'll be on my lonesome", she then flicked her hair back like she didn't care but deep down she really did. Being friends with Brooke and Peyton meant parties, cheerleading and boys — Natalie was only good at one of those things and parties and boys wasn't it.

She wished she wasn't so awkward when it came to boys but it wasn't necessarily that, that was the problem. It was the fact that all the boys they went school with were just . . . ew.