prologue.

PROLOGUEnew beginnings and endings

PROLOGUE
new beginnings and endings

NATALIE SCOTT walked into the gymnasium with her Ravens cheer uniform on and pom—poms held tightly in her right hand as she scoped the area for her twin brother — Nathan

Nathan, of course, was already scoring hoops before the game even started when she finally locked eyes on him. She walked over as their dad climbed down the steps, "Hey, Nathan. Remember, twenty shots. No less".

"Got it, dad".

"Quit yakking and warm up", Coach walked passed as Nat watched on the side. Dan looked to Whitey and he looked back before he shrugged with a smirk and walked back to sit down.

"Hey, Coach", Natalie stepped forward and the man's glare softened upon seeing her, "Can I have a minute?", she pointed at a stressed Nathan and the man nodded with a pat on her shoulder as he walked away to the other guys.

Whitey preferred Natalie, she was his favourite Scott. She was down to earth but had a snappy attitude when you got on the wrong side of her but most of all she was really smart.

Dan didn't believe in failure amongst his children, just because Tree Hill didn't have a female basketball team didn't mean he wouldn't pressure her into getting good grades for future scholarships and cheerleading to support her brother.

Nathan looked over when Nat came up to him, he smiled a little a continued to bounce the ball on the floor but she quickly grabbed it with her free hand. "Stop a minute".

"I can't", he tried to take the ball back but she gave him a sharp look making him sigh knowing their dad was watching them.

"You've got this, Nate. Don't look at him", she whispered and his tall figure blocked her smaller one so Dan couldn't make out what they were saying because of Nathan's back facing him, "Just look at me".