three - business

DESPITE what I had told Allie, I never actually went to bed that night. Instead I stayed up finishing business deals and making a few phone calls to certain positions of power.

By the time five am rolled around I made it out of the study and up to my bedroom, quietly shutting the door behind me. Walking into my bathroom, I took a quick, ice cold shower before brushing through my hair and pulling it back into a neat half up, half down braid. I threw on a pair of loose, black business pants that I held up with a gold rimmed belt and a white, tight fitting, cropped t-shirt.

Pulling on my black boots, I made my way out of my room and closed it behind me, finding Draco sitting outside of my door. She stood up when I walked out, stretching out as I walked with her down the stairs.

Opening the sliding glass door in the kitchen, I let her out into the backyard to do her business and run around for a bit. She was always the first up and always sat outside my bedroom door in the mornings. Stella was the one who stuck by Allie's side 24/7.

"Good morning, Rosetta," I said to the elderly lady, giving her a smile as she handed me my cup of coffee.

"Good morning Miss Rose, did you sleep at all?"

"Unfortunately not, I had business to attend to last night," I said and she frowned slightly, but didn't say anything. She knew what I did, and while she didn't particularly like it, she knew that she was in no position to try and stop me.

Grabbing my laptop and my cup of coffee I made my way back to my study, getting another hour and a half of work in before it was time for breakfast.

It was seven thirty-two by the time I walked into the dining room, and I found a heap of food in the middle of the large table. The team of Avengers had taken up the seats along the sides, leaving the head of the table open for me. Allie was on my right and unfortunately for me, Tony Stark was on my left.

"I thought you said to be in here at seven-thirty sharp," Tony snarked and I looked down at him with a raised brow.

"My house, my rules. I can show up wherever I want, whenever I want and I'd still be on time. You, however, cannot."

Grumbling, the billionaire tucked into the food, stuffing his face before he could say something else he may regret.

"I trust you all slept well," I said, glancing around the table as I cut my french toast and took a bite.

"Yes, thank you," Steve responded calmly, trying to keep the peace throughout the table.

"I have meetings booked throughout the day, so I will not be with you at lunch. If you need anything, find Allie and she will help you. If you want to go out beyond the property, find Allie and she will contact me."

"What meetings," Clint questions and I glance up at him, taking a sip of my freshly refilled coffee.

"None of your concern." I went to say something else when my phone rang. Glancing at the caller id, I excused myself, walking out onto the back porch.

"Damien, did you find him?"

"He's in Manhattan currently. 142 Elmwood. Shall I send in a team?"

"No. I'll go to him, this is a discussion better left away from the mansion."

"Yes Ma'am. Are we still on for our debriefing tonight?"

"Yes. You have a key to let yourself in and the dogs know you, you'll be fine."

"Alright. We'll see you tonight."