Love is... Confusing (Iruka or Kakashi Love Story?) (9)

LOVE IS… CONFUSING (IRUKA OR KAKASHI LOVE STORY?)

CHAPTER 9

~~

Ino and I were now back upstairs in her room, while her Mom was still down stairs talking to Toshiko.

“Kyoko Sensei, what did you mean earlier when you said Toshiko’s Sensei’s eyes have always been rather unusual?” Ino asked just above a whisper.

“Well her natural eye color has always been dark purple, and during no time in specific I’ve seen it go from dark purple to other shades of purple, like a rather hazy light purple.” I whispered back.

“So you’ve never seen her with blue rims in her eyes before?”

“Can’t say I have.” I replied with a sigh followed while running a hand through my hair.

“Now that I think about it, when we were just down stairs her eyes were just a dark purple, I didn’t see any signs of blue rims, same thing when we were at the academy. The only time I actually saw her with blue rims was the night she first came back and was in my family’s flower shop.”

“Interesting… because now that I think about something, whenever it’s just us I always see her with blue rims, but I never see them when we are around anyone else. But then why did she openly show them to you?” I asked more to myself than Ino.

“Perhaps it was just a slip up?” Ino asked unsure.

I let out a small chuckle before frowning, “No, Toshiko never slips up.”

“Then that only leaves the possibility that she wanted me to see, and that she wanted us to find out.”

“Yes, but for what reason? And anyway, that doesn’t leave out the fact that it was dark and there was no way to be one hundred percent sure that even if she knew or didn’t know you were a Yamanaka, that you wound know about this forbidden ability. Nothing lines up here!” I partially shouted out in frustration but contained myself as I didn’t want anyone down stairs to hear what was said or going on.

“Maybe we should just focus on something else right now.”

“Like?” I asked giving her a questionable look as she had a sudden grin on her face.

“Like the festival and why you hate Kakashi Sensei so much.”

I narrowed my eyes at her, “The festival is one thing, but talking about him right now is another thing.”

“But you p-,”

“I know, but here and now is not the time to talk about it for certain reasons.”

“Fine, but at least can we go shopping for the festival now? I actually need help picking out what to wear. Besides while we’re there we can also get something for you.” Ino said rather too excitedly as she opened her bedroom door and walked out to head downstairs with me following closely behind.

“You know, I’m actually grounded and probably not able to go to the-,”

“Mom! Kyoko Sensei and I are going out shopping for the festival!” Ino yelled causing me to instantly sigh.

“Okay! Have fun!” Her Mother called back.

Ino then reached for the front house door handle but I stopped her, “As I was trying to say, I’m grounded and probably won’t be able to go to the-,”

“Don’t be silly Kyoko! You’re going with Iruka and I’m going with Kakashi! We already figured everything out back at the academy!” Toshiko announced rather loudly while putting me in a sudden headlock and ruffling my hair as she began to laugh, which caused me to inwardly sigh.