53: The selection

It has been a week since the last test was held. And like usual Anos brought home his teammates with the addition of Lay and Misa to celebrate. As for the other union girls, although he wanted to let them join, the time is not right for it.

Just as when school was beginning to become a bit boring Emilia gave an announcement the made him a little interested.

" Students, today is a special day for all of you . Today we will select the candidates for the upcoming Sword's Tournament. So All of you head to the arena where we will conducted test for your qualification" Emilia said.

" Oh is it that time of the year already" Rimuru asked they all stood up to leave.

" hmm did you perhaps know about this" Anos asked curiously.

Rimuru gave him a look but sighed before answering " yes this Tournament is held each year to select the best swordsman in Delsgade. Rumors say that this tournament started after the legend of me being a renowned swordsman in the past "

" Oh if it's centered around you it might be interesting, " Anos said with a chuckle.

" Well if you want to get your title back you must participate in this tournament since the points that can be earned from this is quite high and at the end of the day these points shows whether you are even qualified for the crown" Rimuru said reminding Anos what his parents had asked him before.

~Flashback ~

" Anos-chan is your dream to become the demon king going smoothly " Izabella asked in one of their usual celebrations.

" Hmm, is there something special I need to do to become demon king mother " Anos asked as he put his spoon down.

" you see sweetie, I heard that to become a demon king candidate half bloods like us have to gather enough points. And those points can be earned by having high scores in the tests the academy is having. " Izabella said.

" oh it looks like I just have to ace every test I do then " Anos said with a grin.

" That's the spirit my boy , remember whatever your dream is we as your parents will always support you" Gustav said with his ever shiny smile while giving Anos a thumbs up.

~ Flashback end ~

" yeah I remember " He said as they reached the arena.

On the ground there were countless magic swords embedded on to the ground.

" Students, what we want you to do is simple. You must be able to wield any of these swords before the afternoon to qualify for the tournament. And if you manage to wield one you get to be personally guided by us. " said the huge man with twice the average person's height, dark skin, thick arms, and legs knotted with muscles. He also sports a beard.

" Yes, now go show us your strength and passion," said another man with normal height, long black hair, and sharp eyes.

These two are Gaios Anzem and Ydol Anzeo, two of the remaining seven elders. They were revered as the best swordsmen in Delsgade. So for most people just seeing them is like a great honor.

With great fighting spirit the students rushed to pick the swords. But sadly reality is quite disappointing.

" argg why is this thing not moving "

" arrrhhh this sword is devouring my magic power"

" arhh why do I feel so weak "

These were the normal responses most students say. Like everything that has a demonic nature all these swords have a collective consciousness to see who is Worthy to wield them.