chapter 31: blood bound

Natasha's pov:

He comes out with a white hoodie and blue sweatpants. He takes one look at me and says "My clothes look good on you." with a warm smile. "Oh do they now?" I ask back playfully. Time feels slower than usual. He steps closer to me. I can feel his warmth. He brushes a hair out of my face whilst taking his time as he stares into my eyes. I have never felt this feeling towards someone before.

It feels, nice.

Our moment is brought to a close when we hear someone clear their throat, loudly. We break our thoughtful embrace to find who did it. We turn our heads until I find Xavier and Xander staring right at us, at me.

They don't look happy.

I now remember that Flynn said that all of the Junior year has P.E together as a group. No wonder they're here. I turn to look at Nico who doesn't seem very happy that my brothers have ruined our moment together. I ain't either. We walk up to them. I could already hear Xander's weird growls.

Why does he have to act so immature?

"What's your problem now?" I ask, my voice coated with annoyance.

"I think you know." Xavier hints at me. He knows that I know that I shouldn't be with Nico. "You cant tell me who I can or can't hangout with." I banter. "I know, but he's an exception." He gestures to Nico whilst he just stands there. "So there's been a family squabble about me?" Nico gleams.

"Indeed there was." Xander answers Nico with his arms folded.

"I'm just gonna borrow Nat for a moment." Xavier steps inbetween Nico and I. He grabs my hand and drags me off along with Xander to the gym hall. "Cut to the chase." I tell them. I don't have time for their problems and neither do they. Xavier begins "I'm telling you this as your brother, to stay the fuck away from him."

"He's harmless." I rebuttal.

"He does more harm than good, trust us." Xavier adds on.  Xander speaks this time "We've been in this shithole longer than you have, Harper is a piece of shit."

"He's not." I defend him.

"Why won't you listen?" Xavier sighs in frustration. "Because he's actually treating me like I'm worth something!" I finally confess. The twins both go silent.

"He's a player Nat. Also don't play dumb, I see the way he looks at you." Xavier admits.

"What are you talking about? He's just an actual decent guy." I defend him again. "He even let me wear his hoodie since I forgot my spare change of clothes." I smile when I rethink the moment.

"The fuck?" Xander says in denial.

"Take. It. Off." Xavier mutters through his clenched teeth. I even spot Xander's fists clenching and unclenching.

"No? I don't have anything else to wear and it was just a kind gesture for him to do." I support Nico's intentions.

"Why didn't you come to us about the situation? We would've happily given you our spares." Xavier mentions with folded arms across his chest.

"I didn't think that you guys wanted anything to do with me. And besides, Nico was right there when I needed him." I defend Nico. The twins had no right to pick on him like that. Has Xander also forgot that yesterday morning he literally wanted nothing to do with me?

We hear the coach blow his whistle and I'm finally free of this conversation.

"Saved by the bell." I overhear Xander mutter. What a jackass. I hear more commotion surround us. People are looking at us, more specifically at me. Does this school never get new kids or what? I spot Flynn who was speaking with his friend Cody at the other side of the hall.