chapter 5: broken bones

Vincent's pov:

We both immediately start sprinting up towards her room. We just got her back, we couldn't have lost her already. I would've never forgive myself..

We turn towards the right and rush towards her room. I kept on telling myself 'she's inside her room, you have nothing to worry about' I wanted to believe that statement so badly. The door was closed, hopefully she was still inside. No scratch that, she NEEDED to be inside. I needed her to be inside.

She's just a baby. She's my baby sister. She wasn't there for most of my life and it wasn't the same without her. I desperately needed her to be in this room. I twist the door knob instantly. I didn't expect my heart to drop so suddenly. My heart shattered into a million shards...

She wasn't there. SHE WASNT THERE. Time froze right then and there for me.

Adrien shoves me to the side and frantically looks around her room. He begins searching her bathroom and then her wardrobe. He then makes his way towards me with glossy eyes. I couldn't move, I was still. My heart was pounding louder than ever before. I can't believe she did this, I didn't know if this was mine or Xander's doing? I was still in shock and was about to call the guards when out of the corner of my eye I spot a foot.

A foot. A FOOT. HER FOOT. MY BABY'S FOOT.

I point my shaking finger towards the foot. As Adrien turned his head his emotions switched to hope. He ran over there like I've never seen him run like that before, me joining him too. We get to the balcony and my eyes are frozen in place. He whispers "Oh meu Deus." ( Oh my God ) I switch my gaze to the sight of Nat lying on the ground snuggled up with a blanket. She has bright red, puffy cheeks which are soaked up by her tears. Tears? Was she crying? Why was my baby crying?

She looked lifeless. My poor baby was out here in the cold by herself. Adrien caresses her soft cheeks and begins to slowly pick her up bridal style. She unconsciously snuggles into his chest. Oh how I wished I was him in that moment. He steps over to her bed and gently placed her down on the plush mattress. She looks so tired and exhausted. I was going to leave her room when Adrien pointed something out.

"What the fuck happened?" He gasps. My gaze shifts towards the massive bruise he pointed out on her shoulder.

"Who did this to her?" I ask coldly. Who the fuck hurt my baby? My little sister is badly bruised and she didn't say anything? Did mother do this? She wouldn't hurt a fly the last that I remember of her. Did the man she was speaking with do this to her? It was Seb right? I already sent my PI to go search Nat's history and I should have my answer in the next few days. If it was him I'll be the one with a knife shoved in his neck. He would never know what hit him.

Nobody messes with my family.

As I was processing my thoughts I heard a ring come from her desk. Me and Adrien's heads both turn to face the phone vibrating. We step closer to Nat's phone and read the caller ID. Who could be calling her at this hour? It was currently 21:00 and where she lived before was 01:00. Who would be calling her at 1am?

Seb was calling.

Me and Adrien both share a glance at each other. His jaw clenched while mine tightened. We both knew we shouldn't answer it but I couldn't resist. I needed to find out who the actual fuck was he? Why was he calling my baby sister? I hesitated at first but I knew I had to do what needed to be done. I picked up the call and put it to my ear. Adrien then signalled for me to put it on speaker phone. I gesture him to follow me outside her room and then I put the phone on speaker.

"TASH WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU? ITS BEEN ONE HOUR AND YOU HAVEN'T CALLED YET? FLYNN AND I ARE EXTREMELY WORRIED MATE. ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU JUST LEAVE SCHOOL WITHOUT TEXTING EITHER OF US AND NOW YOUR'E IN BRAZIL? IF YOUV'E BEEN TAKEN TELL US RIGHT NOW." Seb screamed through the screen all in one breath.