chapter 26: back to school

Natasha's pov:

I wake up with the light glaring through my window. I squint my eyes to limit the amount of sunlight peeking into my cornea. The past two days were a blur. I spent most of the weekend with my biological brothers. I had to give it to them, they were gas. I actually enjoyed the time I spent with them over the weekend.

Most of them actually made me feel happier, even Vincent.

After the incident with Xander on Friday, he seemed off. He was more distant to me than on Friday night. Anything he spoke to me was in a nonchalant tone. He didn't use vulgar words against me anymore but the attitude was there. I'll take any progress over nothing.

Even if it was slow, it was still there.

I've gotten closer with my biological brothers over the weekend and it feels good. I might have a sense of belonging here. I peer over towards my alarm clock which reads 6:30 am. Rise and shine. Although it's the 23rd of January, the weather in Brazil is scorching hot. I'm sweating 90% of the time.

On the contrary, I have gained a stunning sun-kissed tan.

I unwillingly step out of my comfortable bed and slide on my fluffy slippers. I make my way towards my bathroom, take a quick cold shower and apply my spf. Factor 50. Even though my mother wasn't very verbal, she did ingrain into my brain the fact that you will get wrinkles if you don't apply sunscreen.

It has stayed in my mind for years, I don't think I could forget it even if I could.

After I apply my skincare and sunscreen, I make my way to my wardrobe and find where the uniform was. I already bought the uniform with Xavier and Xander on our way out last Thursday. A navy coloured blazer with a white collared shirt. A red and blue necktie with a plaid skirt. The blazer has two golden buttons and two pockets.

 The blazer has two golden buttons and two pockets

The skirt is a bit long so I roll it up mid-thigh. Should be good enough. I hide my spare knife in my blazer pocket incase of trouble. You never know what happens in Brazil. I grab my empty school bag from the floor and pick out a pair of black Prada loafers to wear with my white socks.

 I grab my empty school bag from the floor and pick out a pair of black Prada loafers to wear with my white socks