chapter 29: there for you

Natasha's pov:

I complete my homework and go downstairs to check up on Vincent. He told me to visit him after my first day to make sure everything is a-ok. I find his office door and knock three times. "Come in." I hear his grumpy voice. I push open the heavy oak and he smiles when he spots me.

"Princess, please take a seat." Vincent instructs nicely.

I shift in his leather seat until I find a comfortable position. "How was it?" Vincent asks with his arms on his desk and all his attention on me. I told him everything I told Chase. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." He comments with a warm smile. "I am too!" I add enthusiastically.

"Is that Adrien's hoodie?" He asks with an arched brow.

"Maybe.." I admit with a sly grin plastered on my face. "How did you know?" I ask curiously. "I'm the one who bought it for him as a Christmas gift." He answers honestly. "Of course you did." I giggled. He smiles at me but it ends shortly after and is replaced with a frown.

"Is anything wrong?" I ask concerned.

"It's nothing." He shrugs his shoulders. "No Vince. There is something bothering you. What is it?" I ask him worriedly. I can tell when people aren't themselves. This is one of those times. "It's nothing that concerns you princess." He protests in a calm state. "It concerns me when my eldest brother isn't himself." I counter back.

What is bothering him and why won't he tell me?

I make my way out of the leather chair and towards his. "Please tell me Vince. You can put up the 'tough elder brother' facade for the others but not with me please. Please be honest with me here Vince." I plead. "It's just that you weren't there for that Christmas. Or most of them infact. I've missed out on most of your childhood and there's nothing I can do about it." He opens up to me.

His nose sniffles.

I hug him not wanting to let go. "It's not your fault Vince. You couldn't have done anything about it, you were a child too, Don't let the guilt consume you. I'm right here, right?" I assure. "Yes, yes you are princess." He says to himself and gives me a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I knew he was a softy at heart.

I didn't want to intrude into his space any further so I say my thanks and leave his oak office. I head downstairs to meet with Leo. I haven't really spent that much time with Leo compared to my other brothers. Today was going to change. "Hey Tash! What's up?" He asks me sweetly. "Nothing much. Can I have a tour of your lab?" I ask curiously and put on my puppy dog eyes.

My puppy dog eyes are irresistible.

"Oh indeed you may. Follow me!" He gleams. I could tell that he's excited about my enthusiasm with something he adores such as his lab. I make sure to pay extra attention for what he has to say because I know what it feels like when people don't. Shortly after, we reach a metal door at the end of the corridor.

Ooh! This is way too scientific for my brain power, and that's saying something.

Leo bends over to an iris scanner which carefully scans his cornea. "This is like we're in a movie!" I exclaim with excitement pouring out of me. My jaw drops in awe when the shiny doors automatically open using motion detectors. The interior is something out of the world.