Prologue

Adeline sighs as she finishes packing up her things. It's now time for her to leave Beacon Hills, and as much as she will miss it, her new friends, the memories, she misses Forks more. Adeline misses her father, her friend Jacob, and, well, she can't say that she misses her sister that much. 

"Your really leaving?" Adeline looks to her right and see Scott McCall leaning against the door frame. Melissa McCall is an old friend of Charlie so when she found out that Adeline wanted to go to school at Beacon Hill High school, Melissa offered to house her in a guest bedroom that she had set up. Adeline even made friends with Scott, Melissa son, Stiles Stilinski, Allison Argent and even Lydia Martin. 

Adeline chuckles a little and smiles at him. "Yeah, it's time for me to go home." Scott frowns and looks at the floor. Over time Scott has become like a big brother to her, just like how he saw her as a little sister. "Don't worry, we'll still talk. You and Stiles are going to have to call me."

Scott smiles and looks at her. "Of course we will." Scott opens his arms for her. Adeline grins and hugs him tight causing Scott to hug her tighter. "Just be careful. Your probably the only one over their with nine lives." 

Adeline pulls away from him and slaps his arm. "I don't have nine lives."

"Your a cat, of course you have nine lives." 

"Whatever at least I don't stink like a dog."

Scott smiles evily and pulls her in for a big hug, forcing her face into his chest. "Take that back! Say I don't stink and I'll let you go!" 

Adeline giggles before trying to push him away and fails. "Fine! Fine! You don't stink! I take it back!" 

Scott laughs and let's go of her. Adeline looks up at him and frowns. "You don't stink." Adeline moves towards the door. "You reek." Adeline runs out the door before Scott realizes what she said.

That is how Adeline spent her last two days in California, hanging out with her second family. Waiting to go back to her first family.