#57 Spies

The lake where the pair appeared was still, even though Kurama sat right in the middle of it. Chomei appeared next to the two shinobi, her mind entering through her connection with Fuu.

"It takes courage and knowledge to seek out the enemy." Kurama voiced, his voice distant as if he was miles away. Even though he had spoken and moved his head to look at the three newcomers, the water had remained completely still, showing that his meditation worked and the muscles in his body were completely under his control.

"What do you mean? We can not rush head first into the Akatsuki and whatever forces Danzo has." Naruto argued, frustrated that the fox had apparently not been listening as he was proposing the same thing that Fuu had done.

"You don't listen. It takes courage, but it also needs knowledge to do so in the right time. While you certainly have the courage, we don't have the firepower to face them." Kurama reiterated. Naruto nodded, annoyed. His eyes darting around trying to find another way that didn't involve angering the Akatsuki.

"Does Hiruzen have a complete list of Danzo's spies?" Fuu asked.

"Well he does know about everyone that Homura knew. I dont know if Danzo has anyone in the village that the advisor doesn't know about." Chomei replied, her voice so low that it caused the water to vibrate.

"Most likely." Kurama said in reference to the unknown spies.

"Well, we could take out his spies, he is bound to notice that and eventually he will have to react." The green haired girl suggested.

"Well, I guess we can do that. We would certainly get some more intel on the old man and maybe even the Akatsuki." Naruto agreed, smiling at his girlfriend.

"True, but you have to consider that he could very well just come here with the Akatsuki together." Kurama interjected.

"I know, but honestly it would be a win-win situation. Either he comes without the Akatsuki then we can easily capture him, or he comes with the Akatsuki and we have the entire might of the leaf village to back us up." Fuu countered, obviously having considered these options.

"Hm, i didnt think of it that way. It would certainly be better to face them if two sannin and the whole of Konoha standing beside you." Kurama admitted.

"So we just take out his spies until he reacts?" Naruto asked.

"Well we can not just up and attack them, we would need to find a way to get them where it wouldn't raise too much commotion when we attack." Chomei answered, earning a nod from the rest of the group.

"You think the Hokage would be on board with the plan?" Chomei asked, looking at Naruto since the blonde had the best knowledge of the old kage.

"I don't know, it would endanger Konoha, and that is his top priority." Naruto replied, twisting a kunai in his hands.

"Well, whatever Danzo has planned, he will most likely seek revenge against Hiruzen and the first thing he will attack is going to be Konoha, since that is what the old man treasures the most." Kurama stated.

"That's true. However I really don't know if the Hokage will see it that way. We would have to ask him." The blonde boy said, uncertain as to how the man would react to their plan.

"Well, couldn't we just not tell him?" Fuu asked, earning a surprised look from everyone.

"Yeah, I mean the only thing we need from him is the list of Danzo's known spies and we can easily say that we need to know who to avoid. Then we could simply pick them off when the opportunity arises and we would save the Hokage the trouble of deciding and we would get our way." The girl explained her plan.