#43 Trump Card

Another flash cut through the air as Naruto quickly grabbed the knife that was pressed against Hawk's throat, pushing her away so that the girl got some distance between herself and the other masked shinobi. He was sure that she would be able to disengage from the squad.

He still felt Fuu's call for help and quickly focused on the marker on her ring and disappeared in a continuous flash. For the others it looked like one big line of yellow that flowed through them with incredible speeds.

He flashed towards his girlfriend and quickly looked around. The battlefield was mostly untouched. Fuu had thrown her ring away from her, although he didn't know how she had managed to push chakra into it, if she didn't have it on her. Speaking of the green haired girl, she was held in a wooden prison, the leader of the squad keeping her in, his hands on the wooden structure. Anko, Hinata and Shino were standing around him in a defensive formation.

Picking up the ring, Naruto put it in his pocket and breathed a sigh of relief as his girlfriend seemed mostly unharmed.

"Surrender or she will get hurt." The brown haired man demanded, as Fuu glared at him.

"Don't get near him. I know that jutsu, it can suppress bijuu chakra." Kurama screamed in his mind.

"How do I get Fuu out then?" Naruto thought back.

"I don't know. I have only seen the wood style back when the first and second Hokage were still alive." Kurama replied. The blonde boy lowered his kunai as he looked around.

"I could flash towards her and out without him having time to react." He mused, feeling Fuu's ring in his hands.

"That could work, although I don't know how fast that structure can absorb your chakra." The fox warned. However both didn't see another possibility.

Sighing, Naruto nodded towards the man, apparently signaling his surrender. He was trying to make him lower his guard a bit, although it didn't seem to be working.

"Here goes nothing." The blonde thought, as he let go of the ring.

His next few movements were a blur as he flashed into the cage, grabbed Fuu by the shoulder and flashed back to the ring, catching it. Afterwards he quickly jumped away, pulling the green haired girl along with him, to give them some space to react.

"Thank you." Fuu whispered, as her bijuu cloak reignited.

"Can you take them?" Naruto asked, concerned that the four rogues would show up any second. He was not sure if they would be able to defend against the eight of them.

"I think so. Their leader is pretty worn out, the only problem is the Aburame but Chomei and I have been able to evade his bugs quite easily." The girl responded, looking at the panting brown haired man.

"I'll trust your judgment. I'll be on my way again." Naruto quickly handed her back her ring, before jumping back towards his own battlefield.

His whole excursion towards Fuu's battle had taken little under half a minute.

Jumping over the trees he saw that the rogues had moved, they were not in the clearing anymore. His eyes darted around when he felt a massive chakra spike coming from Fuu's direction. Eyes widening, he realized that it was not his girlfriend's chakra. He instantly turned around and jumped back towards the battlefield he had just left.

He came back just to see the four masked shinobi land around Fuu, their weapons drawn as the green haired girl looked at him with a small smile on her lips, making him stop as he was about to flash towards her to deflect as many blades as he could. There was a blinding light as the rogues pushed their weapons forward, making Naruto shield his eyes for a second and then there was silence.