#32 Relax

She smiled as she saw Naruto walking through the door. The few minutes she had been separated from her boyfriend had been horrible, the pain of labor increasing every second. The medic had offered her some stronger painkillers but she had refused, not wanting to risk the side effects the woman had listed, choosing to push more chakra into her nether regions in an effort to dull the pain. Taking Naruto’s hand, Fuu screamed once more as she pushed, her body shaking slightly as Naruto whispered soothing words into her ear, pressing kisses on her temple.
“One more and we are done.” The doctor announced, prompting the mint haired woman to push again. She felt it immediately when the baby was born, her body relaxing greatly. However, the moment soon turned to horror as she heard the doctor’s panicked voice, calling for a team of other medic nins. Then she realized she couldn't hear the baby’s cries. She looked around, her own panic growing ever more as the other woman quickly hurried out of the room, Naruto visibly torn from staying with Fuu and running after her to see what was going on with their child.
“Go.” She managed to breath out, as their eyes found each other for a brief moment.
“I’ll be back in a flash.” Naruto whispered, giving her one last kiss on the forehead before sprinting out of the room, following the doctors.

He was gone a lot longer than a flash, in fact it almost took half an hour before Fuu saw the blonde again. In the meantime another doctor had taken care of her, helping her clean herself up, her wounds already healed because of Chomei. The medic couldn't give her any answers to the many questions about her child, since the man hadn’t been involved in the emergency team that had taken the baby in.
The torture that she had felt, immediately seemed to dwarf as she saw Naruto return with tears in his eyes. He was holding a small bundle, bloody cloth concealing the horror that was slowly dawning on her.
“I’m so sorry.” Naruto whispered, kneeling down next to Fuu’s bed. She knew she shouldn’t look, but she couldn't help but reach out to the small bundle of cloth. Whatever she had pictured, the peaceful looking baby was not it. Even though the horrors she had steeled herself for had not come to pass, when she looked at the dead baby in her arms, the feeling of dread and anguish in her mind increased even more. She didn't make a single sound as she felt the tears fall down from her eyes. She looked at the blonde hair in her arms, the small arms and legs, the little nose and mouth and knew that she would never be able to hear her child laugh or cry and it broke her heart.
An hour later, Fuu still had tears in her eyes. They had taken her baby from her after a few minutes, the girl immediately falling into Naruto’s arms, the pair crying together in silence.

It took a long time for Fuu’s thoughts to clear up as she sat in the hospital bed, talking with Naruto trying to figure out how to proceed. However something felt off, she had the feeling all day, attributing it to the pain of labor at first and then to the horrors of losing her child. But even now, she knew something was wrong. Her interactions with Naruto seemed to lack the emotions the blonde was usually showing and looking back into her own feelings, they seemed to be a bit dulled considering what she expected them to be.
Asking Naruto to turn down the lights, Fuu laid back, closing her eyes and focusing her mind. Reaching out, she tried to find the only companion she had that had been longer with her than Naruto, walking through her mind on the path she had taken countless times before.
“Fuu!” She heard her friend call out for her, even before she had rounded the corner. She smiled when she saw the seven tailed bijuu, the being staring at her behind the bars that kept him in her mind.
“Don’t you realize?” Chomei asked after a moment of silence. That was when it hit Fuu; she had no memory about the pregnancy or finding out that she was pregnant, her mind looked like a sewer, which it never did and the large beetle had never been locked behind bars, her seal usually taking the form of a tattoo on her wings.
“This is a genjutsu.” She whispered, moving to dispel it immediately.
“Wait!” Her bijuu interrupted, Fuu stopping her movement, looking at her friend curiously.
“When you dispel it, you need to keep calm, I don't know what they did, but I can't see through your eyes even if I try. I don't know what you will find when you get out. I would suggest keeping them believing that you are still trapped in here.” Chomei proposed, earning a nod from the green haired girl. Fuu would try that, it made the most sense, especially since she had no idea by whom or why she had been kidnapped.
Placing her hands in a single hand sign, she tried to slowly build up her chakra, trying to use as little as possible to break out of the genjutsu. However she couldn't feel her chakra, remembering the chakra suppression seal the Anbu had put on her, she sighed, thinking about a way to break the illusion without having to overload the seal, since that would most likely be detected by her captors.
“Can you break me out of this?” She asked Chomei as she could think of no way to do so.
“Yeah, although it will not be easy on you.” The bijuu replied.
“What do you mean?” Fuu asked, not really questioning if she was going to do it, but rather wanting to be prepared for what was going to happen.
“Well, I would have to let you into my mind and it can be overpowering to an ordinary human, since my mind does not work like yours does. I will try to kick you out as fast as I can, but I don't know how fast it will be and what you will experience in my mind.” The Nanabi explained.
“I’ll survive.” Fuu said, steeling her mind before nodding to the bijuu.
Her vision went black before she was bombarded by a million different images, she couldn't afford to show any sign of her torment, since she didn't know when she would be kicked back to her own body and any movement she makes would be translated to the real world, so she focused on keeping her body still, trying to ignore the images that were projected on her mind.

“.. Think he will sign?” She only heard the last part of the question, as she felt her vision return to her. In front of her she saw the Anbu that had abducted her, his mask and posture not showing any signs of emotion.
“I don't know, I hope that he will just comply and not try anything stupid. I don't want to hurt her, she can be a powerful tool.” The voices came from behind her. She noticed that she wasn’t bound or gagged, the only thing they had done yet was to put more chakra suppression seals on her.
“You think she will want to stay?” The first voice asked again, steps echoing through the room, as Fuu tried to calm her mind to remain still.
“I think so, I mean we have to erase her memories either way and she seems to be in a relationship with Naruto. If we can get him to stay, then she will stay as well.” The two men entered her vision as they talked.
One of them seemed to be a war veteran, his left eye covered in bandages as well as his left arm, he was walking on a cane. He had paid the price of being a shinobi, but was obviously still very active in the villages’ politics.
The other man was even older, he had gray hair and a pair of glasses. Other than that Fuu could not make out any distinguishing features of the man, without moving her eyes.
“Let’s hope that Jiraiya will come quickly. I still don't understand why you didn't wait to kidnap her until he was here.” The black haired man stated, displeased how his partner had played his cards.
“Yeah, I acted a bit quickly there. I didn't want to wait, because I had a feeling that Naruto was planning something. He could have disrupted the plan before it even started. I didn't want to take that chance.” The older man tried to explain himself, although even the Anbu in front of Fuu seemed to question the reasoning behind that explanation.
“What is the meaning of this?” Fuu suddenly heard another voice.
“Ah Jiraiya, you made it.” Both men smiled at the newcomer who stepped around Fuu with an angry face.
“It was his idea.” The war veteran stated.
“Really Danzo?” Fuu recognized the man as one of the sannin. The name Danzo felt familiar to her, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it, as she tried to remember where she had heard it.
“Well, he did say that he would want Naruto to stay in Konoha and reenter the shinobi forces.” The other man replied, after Jiraiya had turned to him.
“So you kidnap his girlfriend?” The white haired man asked, angrily.
“It was the only choice, he wouldn't have stayed if it weren’t for something holding him here and the only thing he cares about that we could use is her.” Danzo remained calm as the gray haired man explained their situation.
“And what will keep them from going to the Hokage or simply leaving the village? You know that you can not keep her locked up here forever.” Jiraiya had calmed down a bit, obviously trying to find a way out of this situation that would not result in a massive scandal.
“Well, that is why you are here. We need a remote controlled kill seal and you have to edit her memories after this.” Danzo explained.
This made Fuu panic as she had heard about seals that could kill people even though the person in control was miles away and there was nothing one could do to stop it or remove it. Takigakure had used these seals in their prisons until Shibuki had outlawed them, since they couldn't be removed.
“Relax Fuu, Naruto will come. I am sure, he is just looking for a place outside of the village, so he can use his father’s jutsu to teleport you there safely.” Chomei’s voice sounded through her mind, trying to calm the girl down.
Resisting the urge to sigh, she knew that she couldn't do anything in this position. She couldn't use her chakra, because she was sure that if she tried to overload the chakra suppression seal the Anbu would immediately notice and knock her out. This meant that she couldn't escape this room on her own. Even with the help of Chomei, it would come to the same result, because to access her biju’s chakra she still needed to overload that stupid seal on her shoulder.
The only good thing was that she had decided to wear the ring, Naruto had given her, to sleep, the small sealing formula that was inscribed on the ring’s inside giving her some kind of security that he was coming for her.