#49 Revenge

Without any delay the pair made their way towards the village hidden in the sand. It would take them a few days as they were again traveling at civilian speeds to avoid detection from the patrolls of Konohagakure and the land of Rivers.

When they reached the border to the land of fire, they checked their concealment seals, making sure that there was nothing amiss that could somehow cause them to be detected and found out by the many squads of Anbu that were patrolling the area.

"No need to be so paranoid." Fuu whispered, smiling as she pressed a quick kiss on Naruto's lips.

"I just don't want them to find us." He whispered back, pulling her close.

"They won't." The girl stated, confident in the seals the boy had designed.

Naruto simply hummed in agreement. He worried about the possibility that Konoha could find them and that they would somehow manage to separate Fuu and him. The girl had told him what they had shown her in the genjutsu when they had abducted her after the chunin exams and he didn't want her to have to go through something like this again.

"Hey, look at me." Fuu grabbed his chin and forced him to look into her eyes, although she didn't need to use any force to do so.

"They will not find us." She repeated slowly, deliberately pronouncing each word.

"They. Will. Not. Find. Us." She repeated again, after a few moments where Naruto had stayed silent, pressing a kiss on his lips between each word. Naruto smiled into her lips. Knowing that she was right. They had way too many factors going in their favor, there were the two Biju that could warn them about any incoming shinobi, there were the various seals they had on their bodies and they would be actively damping their own remaining chakra signature, so that nobody would ever suspect them to be anything other than traveling civilians.

"They won't." He replied, pulling her close. He felt her smile as she laid her head on his shoulder, relaxing into his arms.

Despite the nagging feeling of unease in the back of his mind, the pair made it towards the border of the land of wind without any trouble. They didn't even get spotted once.

They made camp one last time in the forest, watching the sun set before they went to bed in their tent. It was not even midnight, when Naruto awoke from his sleep. It took him a second to get his bearings, blinking rapidly he realized why he had woken up, the memories from just a moment coming back to him.

Shaking Fuu, he sat up grabbing the kunai pouch that lay next to him.

"There are people coming." Naruto whispered quickly as the black haired girl's eyes opened.

"Who?" She replied, grabbing her own weapons.

"A squad from Konoha. I don't know anything else, they killed my clone before they were even in sight." The redhead replied, as they quickly made their way out of the tent.

"Why would they attack the clone?"

"I don't know." Naruto admitted, waiting for any sound to come to his ear.

"We should just leave." Fuu said, not wanting to fight.

"That won't be an option." Kurama butted in.

"The squad is already here." He continued, as he relayed the information to Naruto.

Looking at Fuu, the boy saw that Chomei had probably just told her the same. They moved, standing back to back as the four shinobi surrounded them.

"You have some nerve, coming here." A voice came from the trees. Naruto and Fuu stayed silent, although they both recognized it. They had met this man in Janpugakure where he had led another squad and had attacked them. Sure enough a moment later a man in a white mask jumped into view.