Sparks

-

But I promise you this

I'll always look out for you

Yeah, that's what I'll do

My heart is yours

It's you that I hold on to

Yeah, that's what I do

And I know, I was wrong

But I won't let you down

-

Is it raining outside? I open one eye, but the light is too bright, so I close it again. I yawn and turn over, gazing at the ceiling: it's not rain, it's water from the shower. The memory hits me. I'm in Max's room. I sit up, holding onto the covers, and glance around. The large window behind me lets the light into the room, while it is raining outside. The shower is turned off and I lay down on the mattress, waiting for Max. The Dutchman emerges from the bathroom shortly after.

"Good morning, Charlie" he greets me with a smile as he approaches. I blush at the sight of his wet hair as I look at him, he is an angel, have I already said that? I smile and lean the pillow against the bed.

"Good morning Max" I say with a smile as he dries his hair with a towel. I walk over to him and steal a quick kiss that rapidly turns into a passionate embrace: his hands on my shoulders holding me tight as our tongues meet. I let my hands rest on his hips, feeling the warmth of his skin as he gasps for breath, moving closer as if attracted by my touch. Shudders run through my body as he strokes my neck with his fingers: I feel like I am floating in the sky, I am so light and I could fly to a place of peace and happiness. We pull away from each other to breathe and our saliva trickles down our necks, bringing us even closer together; I look into his eyes and fuck I'm delighted by that shimmer between us. He brushes his finger over my lip and moves closer, his arms wrapping around my body, shutting my eyes I surrender to the warmth: I'm so happy with him. He relaxes and cuddles me. My heart is racing, I have never felt such strong emotions for anyone before, it's all happening so fast. I don't know if it's good, I just know I never want it to end. It feels good feeling good. I didn't think I could ever feel this way.

After a while, I turn away and smile at him. He is so handsome.

"What time do you have your first meeting?" he asks me. I think for a moment and check my calendar.

"'Well, theoretically eleven o'clock," I open the calendar "eleven o'clock, yes". He nods.

"Me at twenty to eleven." I nod as he says "We'd better not go together, my dad will come here to pick me up anyway". I walk up to him and put a hand on the side of his face.

"I'll go then, let's not risk it," I say as I stroke him "take care of yourself" I add. He gives me a smile.

"If possible, I'll come find you between practice and qualifying". I smile at his words. Max wants to look for me, choosing me out of many. His feelings go straight to my heart and to my mind. I thank Max for what he said and for loving me, for making me feel happy. His lips are soft and his mouth caresses mine. His soft lips make me forget my pain. Jules' death seems further away. Anthoine's absence becomes bearable. Ferrari's failures don't suffocate me. The weight of Dad's absence hurts less. Pierre's distance seems like a memory. Last night I finally managed to sleep, because I was with him, because I felt his warmth on my skin, because we slept together. I slept peacefully, without nightmares, without waking up, without fear of monsters. I have slept with Pierre or Joris, a childhood friend, many times before, but it has never been so intense. Our lips move in unison, and my stomach flutters with his gentle caresses on my neck. Our tongues dance together as if we were bound together and destined to be together forever. Even though I have to leave, I wish I could stay like this forever.