Changes

-

I've been chasing after feelings

Most of which are fleeting

I still feel empty

And I've been trying hard to fit in

But how come I'm so different

From everyone I see?

I'm going through changes

But I swear I'm the same

Could you show me some patience

Along the way?

-

"Say 'aaaah'" I comply, taking a bite from the slice of pizza Max is holding. We laugh as we realise that without a knife it is a chaotic mess. Mozzarella falls everywhere, bits of prosciutto land on the bed and my hands are covered in tomato sauce. Max feeds me because I might stain the white sheets and the hotel staff can only come to two conclusions: either Max has been with a woman on her period or, more likely, he has committed murder on the bed. I smile as I enjoy my pizza, imagining the horrified looks on their faces."You really enjoy it, don't you? Your eyes are sparkling" he says. I gaze at him, thinking about how adorable he looks when he smiles. Even though I cannot do it, I wish that I could love him and take care of him and his smiling face.

"I haven't had it for a month, I missed it a lot." He chuckles and I feel like I'm meeting an angel for the second time. He finishes eating and leans forward to put it down on the table. I stand up and head to the bathroom to wash my hands: I halfway realize that it isn't my room, perhaps I should have asked for permission. I enter the room and quickly wash my hands before going out to see Max. He's sitting on his bed, gazing at his phone with a sad look on his face and his body hunched forward as if carrying a heavy burden. I walked over to him, and as soon as he saw me, our eyes locked. I sat down next to him with a smile on my face.

"Are you okay, Max?" I ask, placing my hand on his shoulder. He nods and puts his phone on the bedside table, looking at me. "Shall we have dessert?" I ask, taking a cup. I feel his gaze on me as I take a spoonful of tiramisù and hold it in front of his mouth."Go on, try it, it's delicious," I say, smiling. Is he blushing? How sweet. He eats the bite and grins.

"Thank you, Charlie," he says, smiling at me. Now I'm blushing too, I love that nickname. My heart pounds faster than it should. I shouldn't love him, but I need to.

-

Max has left to take the dishes to the reception and I am lying on his bed. A lot of thoughts rush through me, and my heart tells me to dismiss Pierre's words. I had never known Max's affection for me and his sense of humour before. He's always around and looks after me more than anyone else. If I go on like this, I'll lose my mind. Or maybe, I already have. What the hell, though. I sit up and scan the room for my phone, spotting it on the table. I get up and go to get it. It's 12.48 in the afternoon. I sit on the bed, unlock my phone and check my notifications, focusing on the messages.

Calamar☆ - 26 new chats

Xavier - 3 new chats

Lando N - 3 new chats

Fred. Vasseur - 2 new chats

Carlos S - 5 new chats

Maxie - 1 new chat