Chapter 19

Poppy began to sob and held her sister in her arms.

Poppy: Viva...please...wake up...!

No response, Viva remained limp in her sister's arms, everyone else knelt down beside Poppy as she sobbed.

Clay: Viva...?!

Poppy clenched her fists and stood up.

Poppy: What...what have you done?!

DJ Slick: Pfft, it wasn't supposed to hit her anyway! Either way, mission accomplished.

But Poppy suddenly charged at full speed and punched him right in the face.

Poppy: YOU HURT MY SISTER!!!!!

Branch: Poppy!

Branch quickly ran up to his wife and held her back.

Poppy: HE DID IT ON PURPOSE, HE HURT HER!!!! HE HURT HER!!!!!! ¡¡¡NO MERECE VIVIR, MIRA LO QUE LE HIZO A MI HERMANA MAYOR!!! ¡¡¡ES UN MONSTRUO SIN CORAZÓN!!!

That wasn't a good sign, Poppy was beginning to lose her temper and Branch quickly pulled her back before she got too violent.

DJ Slick: Why you little-

The DJ was about to hit Poppy, but Branch quickly grabbed his wrist before he could do anything.

Branch: Lay a hand on my wife and you'll have to deal with me, buddy!

Poppy ran back to Viva and hugged her tightly.

Poppy: Oh Viva...I'm so sorry...I'm so so so sorry...c'mon, guys...let's get her home.

With difficulty, Poppy carried her sister in her arms.

John Dory: Point made, Rhonda's probably getting-

Poppy: SHUSH!!!!

Poppy wiped some of her tears and started to make her way back holding Viva close, everyone else followed behind her.

?: Poppy, wait!

Poppy turned around and saw Diva and Stardust behind her.

Stardust: We didn't mean for any of this to happen...we're gonna take care of the problem, we'll make sure our brother doesn't try this again.

Diva: I really liked having your sister around, she showed me cool hairstyles I could try in the future.

Poppy: Thanks for your concern, you two...

________________________

2 whole days had passed...nothing. Poppy stood outside Viva's pod completely sleep deprived, she had been patiently waiting for Viva to wake up, but she was starting to lose her patience.

Poppy: Vivi...

Branch: Poppy...you should get some rest, you're exhausted.

Poppy: No...not until I see my sister open her eyes...if she doesn't, I'll never forgive myself.

Branch put his arm around Poppy and kissed her cheek softly.

Branch: None of this is your fault, sweetheart.

Poppy: Isn't it?! I was holding her back from what she really wanted to achieve...and she almost got killed. I'm such a terrible sister...

Branch: Hey, hey, hey...

Branch lifted Poppy's chin and touched her cheek lightly.

Poppy: She's like this because of me...I failed, Branch, I failed.

Branch: No, sweetie, don't think like that. You're right, you did hold her back, but that was because you were worried about her. If you didn't care, you would've let her go just like that...but you were concerned...just like I was with my brothers.

Poppy wiped some of her tears and hugged Branch tightly.

Poppy: I just want her to be okay...!

Branch: She will be, love, I promise, she's a fighter.

Branch kissed Poppy on the forehead and left. Poppy went inside the pod and pulled up a chair sitting next to her older sister who lay motionless in her bed.

Poppy: Viva...I feel terrible you had to suffer...I wish I knew what had happened sooner...and I could've saved. I love you so much.

Poppy put her hand over her sister's and began to rub it gently with her thumb, hoping to generate some sisterly love. After what seemed like hours, Viva began to stir under the bed sheets, a soft moan escaped her lips.

Viva: Po...Poppy...?

That got Poppy's attention.

Poppy: Viva?!

Viva's eyes fluttered for a couple seconds before she opened them completely, her vision was blurry and her memory was foggy.

Viva: Poppy...? Is tha...where...where am I...?

Poppy: Viva!!!

Poppy tackled her sister and hugged her tightly, sobbing into the crook of her neck.

Viva: Poppy...?!

Poppy: Viva, I'm so so sorry! I failed you as your little sister!

Viva: Whoa, whoa, whoa...what are you talking about?

Poppy: Vivi...I just love you so much, I didn't realized I was holding you back...and you almost killed...!

Viva: What? Poppy, no! Not the blame game, this is not your fault...it's mine.

Poppy: W-What...?

Viva: I feel kind of responsible...I did run off without telling you anything, and I fell into the trap like a mouse.

Poppy: But...but, but, but, but...

Viva: Zip, no buts! Don't ever let me hear you blame yourself again, hermanita. Eres un hermoso Troll con un corazón de oro y que me salves lo significa todo para mí.

Poppy: ¿De veras?

Viva: Sí, mi hermanita, sí.

Poppy hugged Viva tightly and sobbed into her chest, grateful to have her sister back after the horrible fiasco. She made a promise to herself, she would not hold her sister back from her dreams...she would support her every step of the way, no matter what happened. Because one thing that would never change between them, they would always be sisters.