Chapter 15

Branch: Clay?

Clay sat near a fountain with his arms crossed, he did not look happy.

Clay: Can't believe she said that...Viva's her own person, she needs to understand that she's her sister, not her owner.

Branch: Clay.

Clay suddenly jumped when he heard his little brother's voice behind him.

Clay: Oh...hey, Bitty B.

Branch: Here, you dropped this.

Branch took the ring box out of his hair and handed it to Clay.

Clay: Thanks, Baby Branch, but...I don't think I'm gonna need it.

Branch: Why not? Don't you feel ready?

Clay: More than ready, but...if Viva's choosing to stay here, then...maybe doing this won't be the best idea...I'm not that great with long distance relationships. Plus, it would make things really complicated.

Branch: Well...you do have a point there, but I don't think Viva's dumping you...don't listen to John, he's just trying to make you feel bad.

Clay: Pfft, I know that, you act like I don't have 4 brothers.

Branch chuckled and sat next to his older brother.

Branch: Join the club, Clay.

Clay: Yeah...but, Bitty B, I have a feeling that...something's not right here.

Branch: ...What do you mean?

Clay: Like Poppy said, Viva said she wanted to stay here...but she wouldn't have agreed if...well, if she wasn't offered something.

Branch: Something like what?

Clay: Viva's a very cautious Troll, she doesn't jump to new places just like that...something must've lured her here and...well, lately, she's been daydreaming so much about being famous one day. If I didn't know any better, I would say that maybe she is in real trouble, and she doesn't even know it.

Branch hadn't thought of it like that, he had to tell Poppy about this theory and Viva's wellbeing...wait a minute, where was Poppy?!

______________________________

Viva pushed Poppy behind her in a protective manner.

Viva: How'd you find us?!

DJ Slick: Well, it's not that hard when you have speakers underground.

The girls looked around and gasped, there were speakers underneath the city! Their voices were projected and they were located!

DJ Slick: It's how we get the big vibes here in Beatropolis...and how to find escaped prisoners!

Poppy: Uh...Viva?

Viva: Poppy, don't say anything, I got it from here!

DJ Slick: Awwwww how sweet, you found your little sister again!

Viva: Yeah...I did, and we talked it out. Listen, pal, I know someone who tried to do the same thing you're doing! She tried to turn the entire Troll Kingdom into one nation of rock! You're trying to turn the forest into your own personal dance floor when you already have a blinding city of lights! Don't you think that's a little messed up?

DJ Slick: Nope!

Viva: Then you have no conscience, if this is about getting revenge on the Funk Trolls, I can tell you right now that you're only hurting yourself!