Thunder and lightening

A/N: This story is really boring so far, not really boring but it's just moving fast and I need to stop that. Hehehehehehheheheh slow burn is my symphony.

This chapter is inspired by my own poem named Thunder and Lighting.

. . .

"Henry! Get out of the rain!"

Charlotte called out, Henry was playing in the rain. They were half way through the way to Henry's house, but Henry threw his bag onto a dry patch that was under a balcony of a random house they always walked pass. Charlotte was under that house too, watching Henry get wet.

He was soaked, his hair was wet and he's clothes, everything. He had a smile on his face the moment he heard thunder. Charlotte was worried from that sound. She was right, there was going to be a storm.

"Nah come on Charlotte! It's nice!" Henry called to her.

"You're ganna get sick!"

"So what?"

That made Charlotte sigh, she liked the rain and she has never really played in the rain in a really long while. The last time she did was when they were kids with jasper.
She loved the rain she really did but she liked being warm too.

"Come on char, it's not ganna kill you. It's refreshing, it's summer rain! We don't get sick in summer rain." He walked over to her, grabbing her hand.

Surprisingly, Henry's hand was warm not cold from the rain.

"There's no one around, no one. There's no one judging us, we can scream as loud as we want. I know how stressed you are about that one case we haven't solved yet, so
let's dance in the rain like thunder and lighenting. And besides your clothes are already damped." He said, he sounded so poetic it made Charlotte smile hard at that.

She took of her bag and Henry "YES!" loudly. The bag was set next to his as he took her hand and placed her under the rain.

She felt the raindrops flow through her hair like a path and making her hair wet. She felt the water go down her face like a tear. Her face got more wet, as her shoes, clothes, body got wet from the rain. She felt free, there was no wind, it was warm but the rain made it cool. 
She took a deep breath in as she opened her eyes to see Henry splashing in a puddle.

"When's the last time we ever played in the rain?" He asked.

She chuckled as she lifted her arms and stretched, he felt free again. She saw the road lamps were turning on, the sun wasn't seen but the clouds turned a different color, it was sunset.

She smiled, the air smelled fresh, she felt free. The rain was loud and it sounded like music. She started to laugh and Henry giggled with her, even if nothing was funny.

Charlotte kicked a puddle of water, "whoooo!!!" She screamed as she squealed.

"Atta girl!" He yelled.

Henry grinned, he loved seeing her happy. He saw a big lightening strick and she saw Charlotte looking up and to see it. He stood next to her, he was about to say something but then a loud sound of thunder made them both jump but for Charlotte he jumped into his arms, holding onto him for dear life, she grabbed his waist and hugged it. He hugged her back, chuckling.

"That was so loud!" She shouted.

"I know! The bigger the lighting the louder the thunder!" He shouted back.

"Why do you say the lighting and the rain are dancing?" She asked as Henry started to hug while swaying her around in the rain.

"Because they are, they are in love. Lighting and thunder is dancing together, in the rain, above the clouds. The rain is so loud that it makes a song for them and they dance together, and when the rain stops the song is over. We are dancing with they're song. They hug like this when the song is done." He said, smiling looking up at the sky, the clouds were changing into sunset colors.

Charlotte looked up at Henry, her head was resting on his chest.

"Who told you that?"

"My grandma.," he shrugged.

"That's so cute, I never thought I'd hear poet Henry." Charlotte joked.

Henry shrugged, "you're not the only poet." He ruffled her wet hair and so did she.

Another loud lighting thunder struck just not as loud as the last one. They laughed at each other as they still hugged in the rain.

The clouds were starting to clear up, the rain was starting to get lighter and the sunset was finally shown. Orange red lights was crossed onto the sky. Stars were starting to be shown and it was now time to start walking back home.

"Ah, looks like the song is over." Henry chuckled, letting go of Charlotte's waist and grabbing they're bags. He felt a cold shiver when he let go of her, he didn't feel warm again and he didn't know why.

He tried ignoring it and just gave her bag, he ruffled his own hair and moved it around. "That felt good, didn't it?"

Charlotte nodded, grinning.

"You look much happier now, more relaxed."

"I guess I just missed you, not talking to you for a week was agonizing." Charlotte said as they started to walk.

"Of course you missed me, I'm soooo loveable." He said cockingly.

She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Since it's getting late you wanna hang out at my house? You can have the spare bedroom. I'll text jasper and he can hang too."

"Yeah I guess, we can work on some stuff there at your house." She shrugged, "but what about clothes-"

"Piper. tomorrow we can go and get your clothes at your house." Henry already thought of that.

They walked in silence, comfortable silence. The beautiful sunset was memorizing, the air still smelled like fresh rain and Charlotte couldn't help but love it.

. . .

"I like that concept of thunder and lighenting. Better then the moon and sun." Charlotte said.

"Yeah, I hate the moon and sun reference of love." Henry said kicking a stone.

"Really why?"

"It's not good, the Sun doesn't shine on its own, it needs the sun to give it light. The moon doesn't get attention and doesn't get appreciated until the sun gives them that. They don't love each other, it's unrequited love. The sun is more in love with the planets, like Earth. So when the eclipse comes, it's the moon who tried to get the suns attention again but it fails, every year. Yeah I hate that concept of love." Henry said, sounding serious.

Charlotte liked listening to calm Henry, poet Henry, it was calming, im a way it was charming.

"That's why my grandma said the thunder and lightening was better. They're dancing together, they are in love. It's beautiful. It really is." Henry said genuinely.

"I like it too." Charlotte said.

Henry smiled as he felt another rain drop go fall down. "Come on, let's go before it rains even harder!" Henry took Charlottes hand and they ran to his house.