Chicklit Review - Gold Digger

by crossroad

Synopsis:

Summary: Shiny. Shimmering. Everything that is sparkling. It’s just what a girl wants, and it’s what Rachel Denver has ever since she’s been Connor Hopefield’s girlfriend. But two years later, when the things she once cared about start to fall apart, she suddenly encounters a wake-up call. The life she’s been living for the last three years is not what she really needs.

Will Rachel still find her ways back? Pretending to love Connor till the end seems to be the only answer. But for Rachel, it’s never too late until she tries.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Review:

The ChickLit I’m going to review is Gold Digger, by the one and only featured writer in last month’s issue, Freesia Lockheart (crossroad). Gold Digger is a fun, quick tale of how, as stated in the title, gold diggers view the world and, inevitably, themselves.

I’ll try to make this as spoiler-free and short as plausible, because this story is really inspiring, funny and addictive, and altogether shiny and shimmering, and this review is in no comparison to the novel itself.

First of all, what you’ve got to know is that the protagonist, Rachel Denver, could very well be the antagonist herself, but Ms. Freesia wrote her in such way that it’s actually hard to hate her, and instead, as the story goes, one would grow to understand her and the reason behind her every plan.

The story starts off with the fact that Rachel wanted to break up with her boyfriend, that it wasn’t him, it was her, but she’s strapped to the boyfriend’s family as they actually gave him his entire fortune and inheritance.

It doesn’t help that Connor’s very flaw is that he’s perfect, basically the epitome of understanding, and it only corners Rachel more, as actually, Connor’s proposed to her, and an engagement is in the works. But she doesn’t love him the way she should.

What’s a girl to do, right?

The story actually revolves on that – the engagement itself and if Rachel will allow herself to be the fiancée of Connor, even without loving him right. Is gold, the figurative representative of fortune, enough to buy even the most priceless luxury in the world – one’s heart?

“Some are meant for gold. Others are for simpler things.”

What are youmeant for?

Every woman is finding her way to be who she is, and this novel, this shiny, shimmering, sparkling Gold Digger, will help you on your way.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

This review is written by roastedpiglet:

About her:

The meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me.

So I just stole a line from about the most likely next big legend since The Lord of the Rings – or Harry Potter, for you Potterheads out there – in the name The Mortal Instruments, but it just basically defines my whole existence.

Or I could be lying right now, but you’ll never know.

Or maybe you could know, and maybe I could also tune the strings in your heart, if only you’ll stop by roastedpiglet and see for yourself.

Really, the fate of the world is sealed in your very palms.

Signed,

Paige Cobb

(Don’t call me that)

(It’s not my name)

(My name is Myka)

(But don’t tell anyone)

(…ciao)

(Yeah, babe)

(Yeah, babe)

.

.

.

(Yeah, babe)

You can find out more about our reviewer here:

http://www.wattpad.com/user/roastedpiglet