Humor Review - Float

by ToastedBagels

Synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old Waverly Lyons is from Vermont; she doesn’t do sun. But after her divorced parents can’t agree on who gets to have her for the summer, Waverly gets shipped off to Holden, Florida to spend a couple months with her aunt, Rachel. Her hopes for the perfect summer seem crushed. Then she meets Blake Hamilton, Rachel’s seventeen-year-old neighbor. He’s athletic, outgoing, arrogant, tan, and pretty much Waverly’s exact opposite. She's eager to avoid him at all costs, hoping to fit in with the other kids in Holden without drawing too much attention to herself. But when Blake discovers that Waverly has been hiding the rather embarrassing secret that she can’t swim, he does the unthinkable: he offers to teach her.

 ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Now onto the actual review:

For starters, I think there’s a reason (a very good one at that, too) why Float is one of the most popular and surely one of the best written stories on Wattpad that I’ve read in a veeery long time. You’ll be blown away by how talented ToastedBagels is.Let’s just say that Float will probably exceed your expectations because it’s really rare when you get to read such an amazing story on the internet and what’s even more bewildering is that it hasn’t been published yet, but it’s only a matter of time before that happens, I’m sure. Personally, I got hooked on Float from the very first chapter, but it’s such an interesting story – you just want to read more and more, so it’s not my fault!

Waverly, the female main character, is a blast to read about. She’s funny, impossible to dislike, and delightfully witty. But she can also be a bit klutzy, socially awkward and amusingly clueless. Especially when it comes to a certain boy… that goes by the name of Blake Hamilton.

Now Blake, on the other hand, is every girl’s teenage dream, the kind of boy that would have you blushing and stuttering and… honestly, questioning your intelligence. As cliché as it sounds, he’s what every girl wants and what every guy wants to be. Sure, he can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but that’s probably part of his appeal. At first sight, he and Waverly have nothing in common. What’s more, Blake acts like he doesn’t even like Waverly, but without giving out any details, I’ll reassure you that it’s all just an act. Deep down Blake Hamilton is a softie at heart. And despite all their differences, fate brings Blake and Waverly together, much to her delight AND horror, but love is such a confusing feeling and Waverly definitely has it bad for him and can’t deny him anything.

In short, all I can say is go read Float, one of the most enjoyable reads on this website. It has a little bit of everything and I promise it won’t disappoint. Don’t believe me? Read and find out for yourself. ;)

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Ivy is the amazing writer behind the novel The Other Guys. Please do check her out!

http://www.wattpad.com/user/MillionDollarBaby