running

The Dixon family set up camp with several others, including Shane, Lori, Carl, Ed, Carol, their daughter Sofia, Amy and Andrea, Dale, T-Dog, and Glen, Jim and Jacqui.

Archie was sitting on the picnic table, with the warm sun rising over the horizon. Everyone else was still asleep in their tents, and he was the only one who had no place to rest his head. Merle, Daryl, and Melody all shared a tent, but there wasn't enough room for him. Only Dale had a comfortable place to rest, with his RV.

Dale walked out of his RV, his face breaking into a friendly smile. As he neared the picnic table, he saw Archie already up and watching the sunrise.

"Your awake early," Dale said.

Archie looked at dale. "Yeah, I am," he replied.

Dale's smile quickly faded as he  "Why?" Dale asked, now sounding suspicious.

"I don't have anyplace to sleep," Archie said,

"So you're telling me we've been here for almost three weeks, and you've had nowhere to sleep?" Dale asked, his tone now tinged with disbelief.

"Uh..yeah, dad only had one tent, and I don't fit," Archie replied, shifting his body slightly, uncomfortable with the confrontation.

"I have an extra tent in the RV," Dale said.

Archie's eyebrows raised in surprise. "What do you want for it?" he asked suspiciously

"Nothing," Dale replied quickly. "I don't need anything as long as you can sleep in it."

Archie looked at Dale, still not quite believing what he was hearing. But he finally nodded, "Okay...?"

"But I'm not putting it up," Dale quickly added, raising a hand to his chin.

"Yeah, I didn't expect you to," Archie said, his eyes narrowing slightly in mock annoyance.
Dale walked towards his RV and brought out a small tent. He then rolled it towards Archie.

"Thanks," Archie said, his voice filled with surprise but also gratitude. He then dragged the tent towards Merle's tent and set it up next to his.

After ten minutes, Archie set up his tent and dragged all of his stuff inside. Melody woke up and crawled out of her tent, pointing to Archie's new tent.

"Where did you get that from?" she asked.

"Dale," Archie replied, turning to Melody.

"Oh, that was nice of him," Melody said, smiling.

"Mhm," Archie replied, not smiling back as Melody watched him.

"Why don't you smile?" she asked, a tone of empathy in her voice.

"What?" Archie asked, his tone of voice now defensive.

"I don't think I've seen you smile in a long time," Melody replied, watching him closely.

"Don't got nothin to smile about," Archie said, his back now turned to her.

Melody watched him in silence, holding her favorite doll, Charlotte, close to her chest.

"Why?" she finally asked, her tone of voice soft and concerned.

"Stop asking me so many questions," Archie snapped, grabbing his gun and putting it in his holster.

"Where's dad?" Archie asked Melody, looking inside the tent.

"Him and Daryl went out hunting," Melody replied.

Archie let out a sigh. "Go change," he said, gesturing towards the tent.

"I don't wanna!" Melody protested, crossing her arms.