VII

"Wow, what a cute car! Here, I brought you a drink so we won't die of thirst." I giggled, handing Minnie the vitamin water. "I wasn't sure if you liked fizz or not so I took the safe route." 

"This is perfect," she smiled, uncapping it and taking a drink. I watched as she swallowed, a bead of liquid dripping down her chin. She capped it before unlocking the car. "Hop in!"

I took my eyes away and focused on getting in the car instead. "I always keep a kit here to do last minute touch ups. If you go anywhere here without something like this, you might as well be insane."

I watched as she dug a few bags out of the back seat and laid out some of the stuff on the center console. I crossed my arms boredly while she began going on and on about her skin regimen. Really I wasn't that interested. I just needed that company access card.

I checked my watch, noting the time. It shouldn't be long now.

"This toner specifically is a good price and really amazing for your skin. Here, try some." She grabbed my hand and held it out before pouring some of the cool liquid on my fingertips. I sighed, following her lead and rubbing some on the skin of my cheeks. I didn't want to mess up my makeup too badly.

She put more and more things on my skin and with each long name and hydrating product my patience was running thin. I looked at my watch again and suddenly I was patient again. Only a few minutes now.

"Oh and this one," she paused, holding up a pink container. I smiled, leaning on the palm of my hand. 

"Yes?"

She yawned. "I suddenly feel really tired? Do you?"

"No? Maybe it's the temperature in here?"

She frowned, putting the container down. Her eyelashes fluttered softly, growing slower with each blink of her eyes. "I think-" she trailed off, her eyes shutting and body slumping against her door.

I grinned, grabbing my water bottle and reaching into her purse for her ID. "I'll just need to borrow this, thank you!" I jumped out of the car and hurried across the parking lot. I needed to get this ID copied and out of my hands before I get caught with it.

I began whistling softly, acting as normal as possible as I left the entertainment companies parking lot and walked home. I entered the front door, pleasantly surprised to see my furniture and boxes got here early. 

Now I could prepare for the next step in my master plan. I opened my laptop and placed it on the kitchen counter before pulling the girls ID out of my bag. I pulled out my phone and opened my app before scanning the bar code and sending it to my laptop to make a copy. I edited in my picture and information before clicking print. I had a smaller machine that copied and hole punched laminated cards, specifically for this reason. 

Not really, I just had to have it for some old projects in school but now it was coming in use. I waited impatiently as the machine started whirring, eventually producing a hot, crisp ID card.

"Perfect," I grinned, placing a sloppy kiss on it. "You are my ticket in."

I cleaned up my mess before beginning to unpack my furniture. While unpacking, I began thinking. What if someone ID checks me and finds out I'm not an actual employee there?

I stood up, suddenly anxious again. I needed a backup for my backup plan. Running back to my computer I printed out my resume and filled in some information. All I would have to do is find my way to the employer's office before someone catches me. This would be simple. 

Finally relaxed again, I finished unpacking most of the boxes by dinner time. I checked my watch. Minnie should be waking up soon. Hopefully, she wouldn't notice the missing card until tomorrow. Then I'd have time to throw it in the parking spot and make her believe she dropped it.

I grinned at myself, feeling excited for tomorrow. Once I got in, I could find where the boys were at and follow them around, handling the jobs closest to them. Follow them home, find where they lived, and then get close to them, eventually ending in marriage. We're inevitable.

I spun around happily in the middle of my living room. Moving here was the best decision I ever made. Even if it was just to have the same weather forecast as them. At least I was closer than ever to finally closing the gap between me and my loves. So, so close. Nothing would stop me now.