Hiding the Behemoth from the Public Eye

(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)

Ruby: (groans) 

Ruby was awake fresh from her sleep. She had the best Super Sea Girl sleepover ever as she bonded with her friends and ended the rivalry between Chelsea and Rebecca. She got up, being lazy and wanting to go back to bed, but the sun's rays already woke her body up for the day. 

Ruby: (yawns) 

She didn't realize there was a Post-It attached to her cheek. 

Ruby: Hmm? 

Ruby took it off and read the small note. 

"Best sleepover ever! Let's do it again!"

Attached to the note was a small picture of Ruby with her friends. 

Ruby: (chuckles)

Later on, Ruby headed downstairs from her room and saw her mother preparing for work.

Agatha: Morning Ruby. 

Ruby: Morning, Mom.

Agatha: How was your first-ever sleepover? 

Ruby: It was amazing! Got to bond with the others. And we finally put an end to some rivalry. 

Agatha: See? There are some things you can enjoy besides going to prom

Ruby: (whining) Mom! Why can't I go? Besides, it's on a boat! I just don't have to fall off. 

Agatha: And what would happen if the said boat malfunctioned and had a crack underneath which would cause everyone on it to fall into the cold ocean?

Ruby looked at her mother in confusion. 

Ruby: Mom

Ruby: Mom...you've been watching Titanic too many times. And the boat isn't even made of Carbondale. 

Agatha: You'd be surprised by how boats break nowadays. I'll be home at 4:00 today.