Chapter 18

"Oh," a shocked Olivia exclaimed.

"Hello, how are you doing, Olivia?" Alexander asked.

"I-I am doing great," Olivia managed to reply.Amelia just stared at both of them, clueless."I-I didn't expect you here," Olivia said honestly."Why?" Alexander raised a brow."It's just that, uhm, you--" Olivia stuttered."Billionaires are supposed to eat at high-end restaurants, not to be ordering takeaway or doing things on their own?" Alexander chuckled."Sorry..." Olivia said, feeling embarrassed."I'm just kidding... I come here from time to time when I want to break the routine," Alexander clarified."I completely understand you," Olivia said.Amelia cleared her throat and Olivia turned her gaze towards her friend."Oh, by the way, she is my best friend, Amelia... And Amelia, he is my boss, Mr. Alexander Sterling" Olivia introduced each other...Alexander extended his hand towards Amelia, "Nice to meet you, Amelia."Amelia shook hands with Alexander, with a smile.Suddenly, the cashier at the counter called out to them, "We're closing soon. Kindly let me know your order.""Mom's Chicken Noodles, please," Alexander replied. 'Oh, we have the same taste,' Olivia thought gladly.Once they all got their food, they exited the café."Where are you girls planning to have your meal?" Alexander asked. "We were heading to my place," Olivia said."Do you mind me joining you?" Alexander suddenly asked.Both Olivia and Amelia were appalled. "My place is small. Is that fine?" Olivia felt embarrassed."Oh, come on! Why would you think that I want a huge luxurious place? Your company is enough for me," Alexander grinned."Olivia, you go with Mr. Alexander and I'll take my car to meet you at your apartment," Amelia burst out."That would be great," Alexander seized the opportunity. Olivia had no option but to agree. She glared at Amelia while Amelia winked. All three of them headed to the parking lot and Alexander's car was parked just two blocks away from Amelia's car. "See you soon, guys," Amelia said before heading to her car."See you," Alexander answered.As Olivia drew nearer to Alexander's Bugatti, the latter opened the door for her to get in. All of a sudden, Olivia thought of Lucas. "Are you comfortable?" Alexander asked Olivia."Yes, thank you," Olivia replied.As Alexander started the engine, Olivia gave him the address. On the way, they spoke about work, the projects and how comfortable she was at work. Once they got to the parking lot, Amelia was already there. Then all three went up to Olivia's home. Thankfully, Olivia always kept her house tidy and once Alexander walked in, he marvelled at the surroundings. "What a lovely place you've got here," Alexander praised."Thank you," Olivia replied cheerfully.As they all sat on the sofa, they started eating their meal. "Occasionally, I drive to that place for Mom's Chicken Noodles. I am tired of eating pasta, pizzas, and others.""The place is so good, indeed," Olivia agreed. All three had a great time together and Olivia could not take her eyes off Alexander's chiselled face and his blue eyes that were like an abyss.Amelia noticed the chemistry between the two, but deep in her heart, she felt that Lucas was the best guy for Olivia. However, she would need to discuss it with Olivia and see what she had to say about Lucas and Alexander. Nonetheless, Amelia thought that although Alexander was hot, rich and amicable, he had a hidden side that he had been trying to control- as if, he was showing a side of him that would get Olivia tripping over him, and concealing the other side that could get Olivia drifting away. Seeing that Amelia would not be going back home, Alexander thought of leaving. He did not want to disturb the two friends. "I'll take your leave, now," Alexander said."Alright," Olivia replied."See you in the office tomorrow," he said."Sure," Olivia said.Then, she escorted him to the door and said goodbye to each other before closing the door. As she paced towards Amelia, the latter did not hesitate to give Olivia her honest opinion."Your boss is nice, but I wouldn't fully trust him," Amelia blurted out."Oh! Why would you say so?" Olivia sat near her friend, taken aback by her observation."I don't know... Just be careful, okay? Frankly speaking, I like Lucas more. I don't know anything about your feelings, but just take care, okay?" Amelia said.Upon hearing Lucas' name, Amelia frowned, " You're on Lucas' side, is it?"Amelia shrugged, "Perhaps I'm on your side and you can't see it.""You're consistently suspicious of people around you. It's not always a good thing, you know?" Olivia responded."It does help most of the time, you know?" Amelia argued."Don't worry, I'll be careful, okay?" Olivia promised, with a smile. "So, tell me... How was your first day at work?" Amelia asked Olivia."Everything was good until--" "Until?!"" Until Lucas came for the meeting. It was Alexander's birthday today."" Alexander's birthday?" "Yeah.""Isn't it weird? It's his birthday and he is alone at the mall? He's a billionaire, right?" Amelia highlighted."Yeah... Maybe he doesn't want to celebrate with anyone?""Yes, maybe..." Amelia pondered on the situation." I heard that he's very introverted, unlike Lucas.""Which one are you in love with? Lucas or Alexander?" Amelia finally asked.Olivia gaped at her friend.