chapter 8

Sam, Colby, Larry, and Bella were getting through the investigation smoothly. They  got into contact with Abigail many times. They contacted a lot of soldiers and even had a trickster try and fuck around with them. Not that long ago the sun had set.

Larry and Bella were getting more scared the darker it got and Sam and Colby were getting more invested as they caught more and more. Soon Colby felt that spot on his head where he got hit hurt a lot worse.

“Guys I need to sit down..” Colby said sitting on the couch in the room where the perams family mom got thrown. Sam seemed concerned. Bella and Larry of course were concerned but Sam seemed sickly worried about his best friend. He was always worried about him. 

“Are you feeling okay? Like clearly not but what's making you need to sit down?” Sam said, setting the camera down. Larry and Bella also sat down but on the floor, and Sam sat directly next to his best friend. 

“It's where I got hit by the flashlight.. It hurts really bad and it's making my whole head hurt and my stomach aches..” Colby said, closing his eyes. Sam quickly put an arm around him not aware of his own actions.

Larry's gaydar was going wild as he looked over to Bella who gave him a knowing nod.

“Here I have some tylenol on me, do you want to step outside?” Sam said as he felt Colby rest into his  side. The face of realization hit him as a warm blush caved onto his face. Sam let out a shaky breath.

“Yeah… just give me a second to gather enough energy to get up..” Colby mumbled. Sam responded by slightly rubbing his hand up and down colbys back. Colby felt a shiver go through his body as his face went red. Bella and Larry were texting each other on their phones so they could talk but not disrupt the moment.

Bella: This is really awkward.. Are they together now or sumthin?

Larry: Girl idk they told me no but my gaydar says otherwise.

Meanwhile Colby had shifted signaling he was ready to go outside. All four got up and Sam was very careful and gentle while helping Colby get outside. They sat down outside and Sam gave Cole the tylenol. He took it without any water.

“I hate to be rude but it's late and me and girlie need to get to our hotel.” Larry said as Sam and Colby looked up at the two who were standing while they were sitting. \

“No problem dude! It was nice having you two here sorry for the uh.. You know..” Sam coughed, his voice getting more quiet as he progressed with his sentence. 

“No your all good… text me what happened on this trip bye yall!!” Larry and Bella said the last words in science and they got into their car and drove off.

“They most definitely like each other..” Larry said driving as Bella laughed.

“Oh god there so oblivious it's funny.” She laughed again as they drove out onto the road. 

Meanwhile the two were now sitting alone in a comfortable quiet as Colby started to feel better. Sam left his jacket inside; he was obviously cold and did a horrible job at hiding it. Colby let out a soft chuckle and Sam felt a  warm hand wrap around his shoulder. A warm blush crept onto his face as he scooted closer to colby.

They sat there in the quiet for a minute until Colby looked down at Sam's red face, redding up himself.

“Thank you for being here for me man.” Colby said as Sam started to smile.

“Thank you for being here for me.” Sam replied as the two smiled at each other. Colby felt the flutter build up as it made him feel guilt for feeling like that to his friend. Sam had a flutter rise in him as well. The tension filled the air and they both wanted to act out on it.

“Well we should probably get back to investigating..” Sam said getting up and walking into the house. Colby followed as they both started filming again after the small break they took. 

The tension stayed but did die down a bit as they caught crazy things, like the basement door violently swinging open. That scared the shit out of them. Sam didn't even realize he went and climbed onto colbys shoulder.

“My bad man..” Sam said, separating them.

“You're good.. I don't mind.” He said that last part very silently.

Soon the two boys had stayed up till 4 in the morning and really needed sleep. Sam seemed like he was going to blink and not be able to open his eyes. Clby turned off the camera and looked at sam. That feeling washed over him as he looked over so sam. He felt disgusted in himself.

Sam looked up to Colby with his tired eyes. He looked into his eyes and his stomach fluttered, but a benign boy from southern Kansas he was raised to know it was bad for him to do that, he didn't mind if others were like that but… he couldn't feel like this towards his best friend.

The two made eye contact again, the tension building up until Sam just tiredly let himself lay on colby. The two boys falling into a warm hug. Colby decided it was okay to let the feeling pass just this one time. He picked up Sam and brought them to the living room so they could sleep on the couch. Resting Sam down who was sleeping at his pont. He rested below him letting Sam sleep on top of him. He felt comfortable like this. The feeling fluttered through him as he tried to ignore it but the hear=t and heartbeat was too much and he let himself blush and smile.

Sam closed his eyes and let his head rest into the same hair as he fell asleep, washing over him Abi walked in and saw the sight just to walk right back out. day and night 2 being over.

A/N we are at 200 reads??? thank y'all sm!