chapter 4

The car ride was really quiet. Uncomfortable, kind of quiet, very uncomfortable. Sam started messing with a camera to get it to turn on because they didn't want to use the new ones yet. Of course he felt like the tension and it kept messing him up.

He finally got it on and pointed it to him and his friend, of course Colby looking at the road as they started speaking because he was driving. Tension still lacing in the car making them both uncomfortable. 

“What's up guys, it's Sam and colby!” They started off with big smiles plastered on their faces and loud voices like they would always do, except this time it was fake and you could tell. They thought nothing looked off but you could see the dull look of regret in their eyes and the dry faces from tears. 

You could see the shame and looming anger in colbys eyes along with Sam's anger in his. The guilt that buried deep inside of them and it's almost as if you could feel the tension in the air through the camera. 

Quickly Sam started speaking. “We are visiting old friends again.. For two weeks.” His side eyes colby a bitwich Colby saw but didnt let it get to him, even though it very much did hiding it was just better at the moment. 

Sam looked back at the camera and started talking 

“This is one of our biggest trips yet. Thank you for supporting our channel. We will see you once we arrive.'' Sam said turning off the camera, the quiet returned and the awkwardness and tension grew stronger. Neither of the males bothered to speak, both of them tensing up while Colby ribbed the wheel like his life depended on it.

Theypulled into the driveway both of them taking a deep breath and looked at each other making eye contact for the first time since they got in the car. A nod was exchanged from the both of them as Colby grabbed the camera. 

The two stepped out of the car and Colby pressed the record button. 

“Hello!” Sam and Colby said to the owner, shaking her hand and starting a conversation.  Cody and satori walked out with a smile which dropped quickly when satori felt the energy that radiated off of the two.  She picked back up her smile as she shook there hand along with her fiance.

“Sam Colby, you two need to turn the camera off for a second.” Satori said as Colby quickly turned it off confused. Before Sam or Colby could spit out their confused words, Satori spoke.

“What the hell happened between y'all, i do not like this energy you two have.” She said Sam and colbys hearts dropped as they looked at each other and Sam was the first to speak.

“Nothing, we're just stressed about this trip..”  Sam said, eyeing Colby as he tried to hide the anger he felt towards them. No one believed them but decided to let it go.

“Alright well we will let you two tour the house again and then we can help you with your video, Cody and Satori can do their thing if yall want but for now, injoy exploring.” the owner said, smiling as Sam and Colby pulled out their camera.

“Thank you, you all have a good day!” Colby said, starting to record as Sam grabbed equipment. They walked into the house making excited Sam and Colby noises. 

“Here we are.. Again.” Sam said as they walked to the seance room first. Sam and Colby sat down in front of the camera to start talking about the history of the conjuring house. Colby started talking about the history to the camera, distracted from sam.

Sam was going to pay attention and help Colby, but he got distracted. He looked over at Colby and well spaced out looking at him his thoughts raced.