~Troubled~

𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙲𝙴

Today I woke up feeling great. I finally jumped back into work again and so far my assistant has been keeping my work on track. To make sure I'm comfortable, I put on a grey sweat pants, white tank top and fluffy socks.

"Bri, I need you in my office now please.", I say into my intercom. Moments later she comes in. "Yes, Miss Rossi?", she says with a serious face. "Why so formal all of a sudden?" "Oh, I just wanted to see your reaction.", she says back laughing. "Oh, okay then. Well I called to tell you that you can work half days this week, since you practically ran my work almost the whole of last week. Is that okay?" "Yes, ofcourse. Wait, who will plan the schedules for the other stuff?", she wonders. "Don't sweat it, I'll see what I can do. Since you're here, I want to tell you that I'm planning to go to Italy next month and I need you there for a few things."

"Okay then. I will see you at lunch Alice.", she says and turns. "Sure thing." Now let's get the work going. An hour later, while I'm occupied with my work, a strange call comes in.

Hi, is this Alice? 𝗪𝗵𝗼'𝘀 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴? I was sent by Dominique to tell you to warn your partner Alessandro. He might be ambushed as we speak and he might not even know. 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂? Dom said that you wouldn't trust me, so I have to say crispy potato. He said you'll know that my message is valid. Please do not by any attempt call Alessandro, find another way to inform him or it may be too late. 𝗢𝗸𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻. 𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗗𝗼𝗺 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀. 𝗕𝘆𝗲.

If you're wondering what crispy potato meant, it's simply just a term him and I came up with went we were still in high shool. I had to cook potatoes once and him and I were very close back then. So he did a fried onion side and I made the potatoes crispy, but not burnt. By the time we dished up, the food was delicious and we knew we could trust each other's cooking. So we use these terms as fillers for saying 'trust the information' and 'crispy onion' is to say, I understood.

Now I need to call Alessandro and find out where he is. Calling his personal number, it goes straight to voicemail. Come on, what could he possibly be doing? His life's in danger. Giving it a second try, he finally answers. Sandro, Sandro listen to me, I need to know where you are. Are you okay, can I meet you? 𝐻𝑖 𝐴𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦? 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛? I can't tell you over the phone. Someone may be tracing this call. Where can we meet? 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛. 𝐼𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒. Okay, I'll see you in twenty.

Walking out my office, I'm off to change out of my comfy sweats and tank top and into a simple black outfit. The top is plain and I mached it with a pair of wide leg pants.

In the kitchen, I find Bri and tell her that I'm off to meet Sandro

In the kitchen, I find Bri and tell her that I'm off to meet Sandro. "M-m-m, with that ass in those pants, how long do you think he'll last?", she asks, being her most truthfull self. "You know I'm going to have a talk with him right?" "Yes, but come on Ali, have you seen yourself from the back? You will be the next big thing in that man's life. He won't resist you in that. Anyway, is the meeting about Dom?", she asks the last part in a whisper.

"Sort of yeah. Please make sure to have your phone with you while I'm gone. I might call if I need something." Seeing the worry on my face, she says, "you will be fine. Show them who Alice Rossi is when they want to pick a fight. You are your own hero. Now go, you're making me emotional as if it's the last time I see you. Godforbid." "Ciao Bri. I'll be back a little later."

In the garage, I start up my G-wagen and drive out the driveway. Near the gate, I ask for two guards to follow my car with a dummy car. The dummy car is one my guards use when I want them to follow me without it looking obvious, because enemies may target them first and I will have to fight alone. Not that I'm scared, I just need to ensure that I use as little energy on fighting as possible.

Minutes later, I'm at the restaurant and just then, Sandro also arrives. "Hi Alice, what's wrong?", he asks. "Dom sent me a direct message to tell you that you are possibly being followed and I was the only one he trusts to tell you.", he stands and looks at me, then behind me and before I could register what happened, we heard a shot and unfortunately the next worst thing happened. All we saw was blood slowly staining around the bullet wound. "Are you okay?", one guard asks.

Looking at my shoulder, I see the small bullet hole and I feel the rage boiling off Sandro's body. "Get her to the car!", he commands. "No, I am staying here or you come along." "Alice, don't make this difficult. I will fight them off, you get to the car please.", he pleads. "Okay, but promise me you will come back in one piece." "I promise you.", he says and goes back with a few other men to clear the area. As two guards and I walk out through the doors, they both are knocked out and I'm left alone with two dangerously handsome guys. "Madam Rossi, our boss is waiting for you. Any last words before your nap?", they ask me. "Yes, Sandro call Bri, she'll know what to do." I say into my phone as a direct message to him, before they snatch it and break it.

The guys who kidnapped me are clearly stupid. Who allows the person they kidnap to keep their phone and even send a message? escaping would be easier if they just turn their heads away. With a quick pull, I got loose and grabbed my knife from between my boobs and stabbed the hell out of their necks. "Tell your boss that he needs less shitty toys and some real guys." I say and flee the scene. Going into a shop, with my credit card hidden, I buy a hoodie very quickly, change my hairstyle and buy some sneakers too. After my outfit alteration, I take the first cab home. Arriving at the gate, my guards were ready to shoot. "If one of you assholes shoot me now, I will make sure there is no supper tonight." I say to them with a smile and one I recognise as Reece smiles back and opens the gate.

In the house, everyone gathers around me as I discard of my hoodie. Busy on the phone, Bri comes and finds me on the couch. "What in the red g-wagen happened to you Alice?", she asks flabbergasted. "We were ambushed, I got shot, ran away after killing two guys who wanted to kidnap me and took a cab here, since I didn't want a tail. Which reminds me. Did Alessandro call you?" "Yes and he's on the way ad they are bringing your car home too.", she says. "Thank you, my baby can't stay that far from me for so long. For now I will be heading upstairs to clean this wound and wash up. Tell Alessandro, I'm in my room when he gets here please." "Sure thing girl.", she says.

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO PATIENT ON WAITING FOR THIS CHAPTER. HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR HOW HEATED THING WILL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. LOVE YOU ALL, BYE.