Pull yourself together.

Alice

5 years ago...

"You know that you can't do that, right?", asks Jane, while I dismantled the gun. "And why is that?" "Because it's not safe!", she says back in terror. "Girl, no. I am the definition of unsafe. Remember how good I am at shooting and I'm only 12. Don't underestimate the power of dedication." "Okay, fine then, but do you know how to put it back together?", she asks. "Yes, now tell uncle Lonzo that I'm done putting it together." "But you're not done yet.", she answers worriedly. "Trust me, when he comes, I will be done. Now go!"

Moments later they walk in together and my uncle has a plain face on. "You were a minute too slow!", he says sternly. "B-but..." "No buts, do you know when that in battle you have to take the enemy's gun, dismantle it and kill them, then put it back together faster?", he asks as serious as my aunt Rosa's whip lash.

"No, I'm sorry uncle. I will do it once more." "Then get moving, we don't have all day. This time I'll be looking at you!", he says.

Present moment~

'Pull yourself together Ali, we need to wing today's training.' Yes Addison, and stop clouding my fucking thoughts, I'm trying to focus! 'On what? Fucking Dominique again? No girl, you need to get your head in the game. Everyone else out there is trying to have you dead. There's a ransom for you. Rivabianchi wants your head.' Well, he ain't getting it anytime ever.

'Dear Ali, I am on my way with a schnitzel sandwich and mocha for you. I'll be there in 10.' Aww, he always brings something from his family restaurant. 'K, I'll be waiting. Love you.', I reply.

What a great way to calm my nerves. I remember when my uncle would always say his cigar calmed his nerves. Which is why I'm smoking a cigarette right now, it's really helpful at the thought of it, I kind of miss those days.

My Kitchen~

"Honey, I'm home.", Dominique says jokingly when he comes in. "How was work love?", I mock. "Uh, it was exhausting as always, how about you, how was your day?", he asks. "Well three months from now I'm officially going to host a party, so I was planning on how to do it, since it also marks my birthday. Oh and I am killing Rivabianchi three days before then, how does it sound?"

"As long as I am with you to see that asshole's face, I'm on board.", he says back grinning. "I see that grin, what are you thinking about?" 'Oh, dear, Ali, don't tell me that the two of you are gonna do it in this kitchen.' 'Yes Addison, he's gonna take me right here and there's nothing you can do.'

"I'm thinking about how good you'd look when I fuck that pussy of yours on this couter.", he says without a hint of regret. "Well Mr. Morrone, it's good to see that we are on the same page."

My bed~

"That was fun.", I say almost out of breath. "Yeah, your so much more to me when we share these moments. I love seeing this side of Ms. Rossi too. Luckily I'm not leaving anyway, so would you like a coffee?", he asks. "No, you're not going anywhere, let's lay here a bit longer! Oh, I wanted to ask you when you had this tattooed?" Looking at that flower that turns into a violin with wave as its strings, makes me think of my chelo.

"Oh, I got it two weeks after your incident. This reminds me of how strong your are when I'm not around.", he says. That's so thoughtful of him. I almost began crying, but Addi stopped me. After tracing that tattoo and asking him more about his life, we went for a shower then got dressed. Now we are seated across from each other, at the dinning table and he is telling me about a bunch of his childhood stories. Just as I was about to speak, his phone rings.

'Yeah, it's Dominique speaking, who's asking?' 'No, tell them that I'm in another country.' 'Yes, I'm in America. Oh, I see. I'll be there in two days, ciao.'

"Who was that?", I ask. "It was my people who run the work for me over in Italy. They said something's gone wrong and I need to get there. So, I'm going to Italy for a month or so. Is it okay with you?", he asks. "Yeah, I mean if it's gonna help you save the business, then why not."

Morning~

I fell asleep on the couch, but here I am on my bed, alone and my house is quiet. As quick as lightning, I get up and walk out my room. "Goodmorning beautiful.", Dom says.
"Fuck, I thought you left without saying bye!", I say, running to hug him. "Well, I am leaving in an hour, but we can always do something else with that time.", he says with a wide grin.

"You are so addictive to be with. Dom, I think we should end this though. Don't get me wrong, these are fun times, but we are entering a new era of our worlds." "Ali, don't worry. I know it is for the best of our future. I still love you, okay?", he asks. "Yeah and so do I." We hug before he goes. "Travel safely.", I say to him.

Ooh, a cliffhanger. What are these two up to again? Find out in the next chapter and see where it all goes.