The end to a new start

Alice

In my deep slumber, I hear the faint sound of an alarm, that's when I jolt up with a gasp. I'm not about to be late. It's finally my seventeenth birthday and the day I do my solo.

As I head to the bathroom, I get a few messages from family friends, wishing me a happy birthday. Since my parents are in the mafia, I am not allowed to be on any social media platforms, the only updates are with paparazzi and I rarely was seen.

Out the bathroom I went and found a note on my bed:

Good morning love;

Don't get dressed yet, come out in only your robe. This letter serves to inform you that there's a surprise waiting in the middle of the main closet for you.

After that, meet us in the kitchen.

Your parents.

Wow, that's some way to start my day. I'm so happy right now I can't even get the thought of being 17 through.

At the closet door, I get more curious. As I open it, confetti drops from above and a sash saying 'happy 17th la farfalla'. I can't believe they did this for me. By the time I get to the middle, I'm surrounded by coats and boots, but there's a box in the middle. It's large, gold and looks expensive.

Opening the box, I find a great Christian Dior outfit.

My mom probably chose it

My mom probably chose it. I wonder what they are doing for me today. I finally get my outfit on and make my way to the kitchen.

"Buongiorno nostra carissima figlia. Ti auguriamo un felice compleanno e tutto l'amore di questo mondo.", both my parents say in sync.

Translation: (Happy birthday our dearest daughter. We wish you a happy birthday and all the love in the world.)

"Aww, thank you mom and dad. I love you both. By the way, where's Dorothy?", I ask them both a bit confused. "Oh, she's in the car waiting for you. She said that she had gotten you something for your special day.", my mom says.

"Okayy...? I'll have my breakfast and be on my way.", I reply. "Sure thing love. We'll be at the show tonight, since your mom and I handled all business yesterday. This means we can go with you. Just make sure the driver gets you on time after school, so you can rest and be ready to perform thereafter.", my dad states.

What a fantastic day this will be. As I finally get my breakfast done, I head out. "Ciao, carissima!", they shout in happiness. "Ciao.", I say back laughing.

AT SCHOOL:

"Yay, it's finally your birthday bitch!", my friend Janel screams in excitement. "Hush Nellie, you don't have to make it obvious, I don't like attention, remember?", I whisper back. "Oh yeah, my bad sorry. So, what's the happs, is anyone special attended your show this evening?", she asks in a cheery mood.

"Oh, no, no, no. There's nothing going on between Dominique and I, we're just really good friends and that's it.", I tell her. "Okay, then why would a friend go all out and buy you that?!", she gestures to what's behind me.

As I turn around, I find him with two other men. he had a fairly averagely sized square box and each of the men had a buquette of Del la Rossi flowers.

A bunch of girls, including Nellie gush over the act. "Happy birthday mi amore. You know, I actually never thought that we'd get this far, you know growing up together. So right now I'm privileged enough to see you on your birthday. I hope you like the gift I got you and hope you like the flowers too. Btw, I'll send them home for you and you can decide on whether to open the gift now or before our outing tommorow.", he says.

Like a blazing fire my heart throbs in pure joy. Okay, maybe Nellie was right, but I'm not admitting that. Instantly as he hands me the box, Nellie swoops in and takes it, for me to hug him. It has been so long since I had him in my embrace and his cologne smells devine.

("Someone's getting clingy!") Oh, yeah I forgot about Addison, my little voice up there. Btw, shut up Addie! ("You know I'm right.") Okay, okay, now shut up.

After our hug, he hands me a small note and walks off with a smirk.

Boys...

As Nellie and I walk to class, I decide to open the gift box when I came to a quick stop at my locker. Wow, he got me a pendant!
It's so thoughtful.

"Ali, you said there's nothing going on but, huh, he has you in a chokehold with his sly moves.", Nellie pushes.
"No, he doesn't... okay, maybe a bit, but not really. I'm off limits to anyone as far as people are concerned. Now let's head to class before I'm late again and have to sign a detention slip." After that last sentence we both laugh our bums off.

The rest of the day goes smoothly and at lunch Dominique sits with his friend group and stares at me when he thinks I can't see him stare.

It's afterschool and my three cars came to fetch me, 'yay' I am so safe (too safe to be exact), but hey mom and dad love me, that's why.

Three hours later...

I'm in my room, adding some final touches to my outfit and taking along extra strings for my chelo. My mom texts me to stay in my room for some reason and all of a sudden, boom!

I call her to ask what's happening and all she says is, 'My love for you will never die, you are our special star and can shine beyond the darkness of a seabed'. 'Mom, what's going on, mom, mom?' And I hear some shots over the phone, with no answer.

Running to my window, I see how they drag my little sister and shove her to her knees, and with no remorse, they shoot her. Seeing their lifeless bodies through that window, threw me off track and I run to hide in my parents' secret office beneath the kitchen counter, that leads to a tunnel under our house.

I know that they know I'm still alive and they will be out to hunt me down, but not if I bring them down first.

An hour later, I see on the monitor of this office that there's no sign of those bastards anymore. Luckily I can replay the footage and find out which bitch did this.

With no hesitation, I take a gun from the drawer and make my way out, so I am not left defenceless if there's still one of them left. Making my way up, my phone rings. (Who could it be at this deathly moment?)

"Alice, where are you? The show is about to start love.", says Dominique. "I, I can't make it.", I say back, failing to keep my voice balanced. "Wait, is something wrong? I'll be over in a sec, where are you?", he asks hurriedly. "At home." "Okay, I'm coming!", he says.

Ending the call, I go outside and see them... there... scattered over our pavement in pools of blood, my dad, mom and little sister. Then I break down and drop to the floor.

Moments later, I feel like I'm being carried to some place and I open my eyes while pulling out my gun simultaneously. "Whao, whoa there, don't worry I got you.", says Dominique with a smirk on his face.

"What happened, where am I and what happened to my parents' and sister's bodies?" "My, um uncle came to help me take them to a safe space. You where passed out when I got there and your body was cold.", he says. "Oh is that why I have your hoodie on?" "Yep."

"Who did this?", asks Dominique. "That  bastardo named Rico Rivabianchi! I'm going end that son-of-a- once I regain my strength."

Okay that's it for this chapter, please enjoy it, vote and share if you can.
Bye!