Not So Short, Short Story

A/N: I know this has nothing to do with the story but I liked it so I really wanted to post it please enjoy it.

TW: Eating Disorder, please don't read this if it will effect your mental health.

Supergirl One shot: Nerezza has an eating disorder and when comforted she realizes how bad it has truly become.

I walked into Kara's apartment nervously for the game night, she invited me too. Only problem is I am gonna have to eat in front of them, that thought makes me want to throw up. No one knew about my struggle I plan on keeping it that way but tonights going to be a struggle, everyone was going to be here, Kelly who is a therapist and Lena who knew everything, Alex who was basically a super spy, Winn who was a genius, John who was psychic though he couldn't read my thoughts his powers made him an excellent reader of character. Then of course Kara, she could hear my heartbeat, and she always hugs so she would be able to feel my slim body. I have always struggled with eating I was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa 5 years ago, and I had gotten better but about 6 months ago I started to relapse, it only gotten worse, I can't keep food down for more than an hour and everytime I look in the mirror I have this overwhelming need to lose more. I knew tonight was probably going to be my downfall, I had been able to avoid nights like this for a while until tonight, when I ran out of excuses to say no, plus Kara being my neighbour ment she would know if I was home.

"Hey you made it Nezza!" Kara greeted me, pulling me in for a hug to which I tensed. Once she let go and closed the door, cutting off my escape, everyone else stood to greet me.

"Hey everyone, I bought homemade cookies." I made them for everyone to enjoy and hopefully not focus on me not eating. Tonight everyone hugged me, when Kelly hugged me I knew she could feel my ribs which had recently started to show. No one commented on me but they all seemed happy that I made them their 'favourite' cookies. Once everyone sat down and started conversations I let out a slow breath, trying to calm the nerves sitting in my stomach. With me not eating my powers had started to become weaker and would sometimes flicker, thankfully no one had noticed when I struggled to lift the weight in training, one that I could normally easily do.

"So Nezza, how's work, heard you put on a new article on a death." Lena started a conversation with me, I struggled to think my brain was fuzzy. I got there but it took me long enough for everyone else to want to hear what I had to say, so now I was the centre of attention.

"Oh yeah, Snapper put me on the case of this man who died from an alien, the alien was found but the weird thing was it didn't match with the cause of death. The man died from his lungs being full of a slime-like substance, and the alien found was a shapeshifter. Snapper wants me to investigate and see what really happened." Everyone found it interesting, I did too. The only thing is I was given this almost a week ago and have been too caught up with everything else to really have made any progress. Kara knew when it was given to me, I hoped she didn't suspect the lack of new information I have.

"Have you found anything yet, or found out if you caught the right alien?" Kara asked, she was trying to do something, I knew it.

"Not yet, the alien was found guilty for a different crime but whoever really did it hid their tracks well." I chose to lie and say that the case was hard instead of admitting that I was too busy throwing up every hour to have worked on this at all.

"Well good luck, but let's eat. I'm starving, and there's pizza calling my name, we will play after." This is what I was dreading, dinner meant I had to eat in front of everyone. I could already hear the voices in my head telling me how much I didn't deserve food, how bad pizza was and how my friends would look at me if I ate. I only threw up an hour ago, if I eat now I will throw up again but they might notice that. I had zoned out so much that I didn't realise everyone else had gotten food already and sat back down, thankfully no one had noticed me not getting up or not eating, at least I thought no one did.