ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Stressed Out

"I was told when I get older, all my fears would shrink "

" But now I'm insecure, and I care what people think "

⎯⎯ ୨ NOEL'S POV ୧ ⎯⎯

How did this happen?

We were all pumped up, heading to the water park on that school bus. I had Maya, Luisa, Sergei, and it was the first time I went on a trip with real friends. Laughing, joking, you know, just regular high school stuff.

The school was finally able to fund us a trip to the water park after struggling with money.

The vibe was great until, out of nowhere, a truck sideswiped us. Chaos erupted, and the next thing I knew, everything went dark.

I didn't want to die yet.

I wanted to die with my brother.

I didn't want him to be alone, suffering in that sorry excuse for a home. Even though he had the attention of my parents, he still suffered.

I wanted him and me to die together, so we could go to another place to call home.

Then, I woke up in this surreal space, and there she was - a Goddess, offering a choice to everyone who died. Either go back to the human world anew or explore other realms. Most picked the reboot option.

But not me. I chose to take the ride through different worlds.

Why stick to the same old, right?

I've suffered in the human world far enough. And I know my brother will follow me here, because we made a promise.

If one of us dies, we'll surely follow after them.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•