His words

The door opened and Team's mother entered the room. "Team. My son." With a shaky voice she called out his name. The one being called out looked up and was put into a tight hug. "We were so worried. Day and night we could only thought about you." She tried her best not to cry again, but everyone could see the tears swelling up.

Team used all his energy to pat his mothers back, once, twice and then stopped. He didn't say a word, he was just listening to her voice. She wouldn't stop going on about how worried she was, how glad she was that he's awake again. Everything a mother who loves her son would say.

"It seems like everything is going alright. I would like to keep him here for a few more days to make sure for no follow up issues." The doctor talked to his mother and Team, looking down on his notes. The sighed should make everyone happy. Team is awake, the doctor is sure that everything is going to be alright, but I can't feel happy.

As the doctor left the room, his mother once again tried to talk to Team. "Team, I hope you're really okay. Your Dad and I will always be there if you need anything, alright? Never hesitate to talk to us. We both love you dearly." He nod and gave her a soft smile from time to time, but in the span of hours he wouldn't say a word. His mother just accepted it as something like shock. He still needs to understand the situation, everything that happened was just too much, she will give him all the time he needs.

But I know it's not about shock...

Team's mother left the hospital before night time, making sure to promise to come back tomorrow morning. She didn't want to leave, but she had to due to work related things she already pushed back the past few days. She sighed big, finally seeing her son awake again made her calm down again. I made sure to tell her that I would be there for him the whole night. He wouldn't be alone.

She left the room and I followed her with my eyes, standing in the door frame. My hand finally unclenched. I closed my eyes and thought about the moment of Team awakening.

Earlier this day.

His eyes were twitching until they were open again. "Team! Team you're awake!" I rushed to his side, holding his hand close to my heart. My smile was so bright and big, it almost hurt, but when I looked at him I felt...weird.

"Hia..." He's talking, that's good. "Yes? Team? Are you okay? Does anything hurt? I'll call the doctor, just wai-"

"Why am I alive?"

I was stunned, couldn't move a muscle. What did that mean? Being alive was good, right? Being alive meant everything...right?

"Why...?" My voice sounded shaky, I couldn't hide my fear of what would come next. Everything that his mother told me and the question I got from the nurse the first day Team was in the hospital... it was always in my head, never leaving.

"I should have drown."

Teams eyes looked at me with no light. He had no life in them. My hand still holding his was gripping them stronger, being afraid of the sight I could see.

"Team, I saved you and brought you to the hospital. Your mother and father they were worried. Pharm and Manow...Dean, they all, they were waiting for you to wake up again."

"But I didn't want to wake up, Hia."

I slumped down on the chair beside his bed, letting go of his hand. His dark eyes still looking at me making me feel guilty for saving his life. I didn't want to accept the thought I always had in mind, but his word, they...they were so strong, giving me the answers I was always looking for but never wanted to acknowledge.

He wanted to die. It was no accident.

Present time.

I turned around to look at Team, he was looking out of the window. I wish I would know what to do now, but I never had to deal with this kind of situation. Never had it ever crossed my mind to just end my life, so how would I be able to understand his mind. I could pretend to understand, but it would never make him feel better. He will know that I'm clueless. He's smart.

"I'm sorry." A small voice came from the boy sitting on the bed. "Please, don't be sorry. Team-" "I didn't want to drag you into it. Just... forget it, okay? Pretend you never heard my words, pretend that this never happened. Just...see me as me before this day, okay?"

I didn't know what to say. It's obvious that it won't change things if we pretend that nothing happened. It wouldn't change a thing to just move back to the day before it. I want to help, but does he want help?

____________________________

A pretty short chapter, but I actually like it a lot. I love drama and I hope you like it as much as I do. owo))