I'm here for you

I'm here for you

The day after Teams mother told me the story about her biological son and Team it was difficult for me to visit Team. Not because I think he did something bad, but I feel like, this time it was me who is at fault.

It was my responsibility to take care of my juniors in the club and it was me who was the closest to Team...I think. We were always together during club hours and inside our dorm rooms. We studied together, watched movies, eat together, we even slept together in one bed. Day after the day it was just us. So why couldn't I see what Team was going through? It made no sense to me. This guilt is eating me up inside. We all hope that Team wakes up soon and nothing is wrong with him.

Everyone knows that looking up things on the internet is stupid and you should talk to people who are professionals, but I looked up what could happen to Team after his near drowning. Every word hurt.

Irregular heart rhythms.

Brain damage

Post-traumatic stress disorder.

Memory loss.

Poor judgment and motor coordination.

Coma.

Dea-

A loud bang echoed through my room, after I slammed my phone on the table. I need to stop, stop imagine the worst result. Team is okay, he will wake up and nothing is damaged. Nothing.

The ticking of the clock irritated me as I stood up to walk to the front door. It's time to visit Team. Even after two weeks we still got no good news. It was tiring, but we were together and keeping us up. Pharm was always with Dean and Manow. They visited Team together, always bringing another favorite food for Team in hope he will smell it and wakes up.

Whenever they enter the room I was already waiting for them, sitting beside the sleeping Team. Sometimes holding his hand, sometimes brushing his hair out of his face and sometimes just starring at the wall.

I knew how they looked at me, I knew that they saw how I felt about this boy on the bed, but I just had eyes for him. Every waking second I was hoping for his eyes to open up. I wait for him to smile at me and to pout at me.

It's been 2 weeks and 3 days now since his accident. The doctors say his condition is good, but he refuses to wake up. We just have to wait. Waiting is all we do. Pharm and Manow were about to leave, waving a good boy to me and the sleeping boy. The shut closed. I sighed, it was exhausting, everything is tearing at me. I just want to be there for him, but does he even want me here. I will never know.

"Hey, if you don't wake up soon, I'll sell your car and your clothes. You will be naked and won't have a ride home."

No response.

"I thought about a hell of schedule for your next practice, you need to get in form again. You won't get any break."

No response.

"Pharm and Manow won't share their food with your again. We won't even help your with English, you gotta deal with it yourself."

No response.

"No more movie nights, no more studying, no mare swimming together, no more sleeping in the same bed cuddling and feeling the comfortable warmth."

No response.

"No more- No more glances full of feelings we didn't knew how to name."

No response.

"No hugs, no small kisses."

No response.

"If you would just wake up, I wouldn't need to think of a future like that, Team. A future without you."

No response.

My hand brushed Teams. It's warm but it feels so cold, without emotion. I don't want a future without him. Why won't he understand. "Even if you don't want to be in my future, I'll always be in yours, so wake up and let me tell you what to finally call those feelings."

Everyday I talked to him, keeping him up to date of everything. He can't miss out of Dean's and Pharm's love story, about Manow finding a new crush every day, about me missing him.

I looked out the windows to see how the sky was painted in a red orange color, telling me it's time to go home again. Each day this time hurts the most. What if I'm not here when he wakes up...or when he never wakes up again. I don't want to hear about it over the phone, I don't know how to handle that situation.

I stood up from my chair, taking my phone and jacket. My hand patted Teams for the last time today as I felt something I never felt before in the last 2 weeks and 3 days. His finger it twitched. I let my phone and jacket fall to the ground.

"TEAM!?"

No response.

"Team, I'm here, open your eyes. Everyone is waiting. Please."

No response.

"I know you can hear me, I know everything is good with you. So, please open your eyes and tell me I'm right, I'm always right, you know that."

No response.

I gave up. There was nothing more, his hand stood still like frozen in time. His eyes closed like always, slow breathing. My bodies slumped down. Just once, do me a favor and wake up. I picked my, now broken screen, phone and jacket up-

A groan.

I let my things fall down again, shooting my body up to see Teams eye twitching. Slowly opening up. His beautiful eyes. They're open again.