Spotted in the Tunnels

Specter awoke from the Dream-Scape with a gasp. The Leaf-Feather quickly glanced around at the other Runners and then let out a breath, they were all still asleep. The small dragon got out of her nest and stretched with a yawn; she'd decided to go along with her day as normal and try to forget her experience in the Dream-Scape, for she knew that if she thought about it for to long she would most likely panic.

Specter walked out of the Runner's cave, her talons clicking on the stone. The black dragon looked around the cavern at the few dragons that were up. The sky above was that light blue color of sunrise.

Specter sighed, so much had changed. It didn't seem like long ago that she was living in the original home of the Pack with the others. But now she was here, in the Hoard. A tear formed at the edge of Specter's eye.

She wiped away the tear. Specter's face became set in a look of determination. She had to be strong, she had to protect both herself and the ones she loved. This was no time to be emotional.

It was not long before most of the Hoard was awake. Specter noticed Sky bounding over to the Meeting-Rock. The members of the Hoard started to gather even before Sky called the summons.

"Dear members of the Hoard. Please, come to listen to my words!" Sky smiled down at them.

Specter resisted the urge to throw up or spit. She giggled to herself at the prospect of doing both at once, which earned her a harsh look from Fang.

"My friends, my Nest-Mates, I have something terrible that I must share with you."

Specter could only think of how he seemed so different when he was announcing things.

"There is a demon loose in our ranks!"

There were shocked gasps all through the crowd.

"I'd toyed with the idea that they were looking for a spirit, but..." Fang trailed off.

Macaw nodded, "None of us expected... That."

Specter stayed silent. At that moment, she was trying to resist the urge to leap at Sky and send him into Soetan's realm.

The Branch-Leaper stood tall, "That is what the Healers and I have been searching for. At first we believed it a spirit, but now we have proven that it is, in fact, a demon."

The Cavern shook as a collective growl came from the Hoard. None wanted a monster in their midst.

Sky raised a forefoot placatingly, "Stay calm, my friends. So far the worst crime this monster has committed is causing us all nightmares."

The crowd calmed slightly, but almost all of them were planning on what they would do if they found the demon.

The so-called demon was busy trying to hide her panic. 'Yep,' she thought to herself, 'Worst day ever.'