X

————

"can't i just live with you forever?"

————

They gave you a week off. During that time, you didn't go out and rather stayed in bed trying to figure out how to solve things. Yoonhee and Aegyo wanted to come, but you said you needed time. Little did you know Aegyo was sitting at the edge of the bed every night and made sure you were getting good sleep.

It was one of those nights again; Aegyo watched your face wondering when both of your truths going to crash each others'.

Her heart ache knowing you were being hard on yourself. But she hoped that she was going to be successful.

Aegyo heard a painful whimper of a cat; it was crying out for help. She stood up and left your house from the window. She landed on the ground, saw a man abusing the cat he trapped.

She pulled the rock on the ground and threw it to his head. The man hissed in pain while holding his head and stepped back. The cat run towards Aegyo and hid itself behind her feet.

"You!" The man shouted. "Do you want to die?" Aegyo just stared at him. "I am talking to you." The man walked towards her. Aegyo found another rock and aimed his eyebrow. The man covered his eye. "You bitch."

She just snorted. "Be more creative." She threw her kick and her heel landed on his eye, damaging the cornea. The blood oozed out, ran down his cheek. "Come on. Beat me like how you beat that cat."

With his undamaged eye, he tried to punch Aegyo. However, Aegyo held his arm and smashed him to the ground. "Humans like you are such a trash."

The man pulled himself together. "You don't know who you are messing with."

Aegyo laughed at his face and clapped her hands. "Ahn Jaewon. You are fourty two years old, retriever of Choi Hyunbin." Aegyo cracked her fingers. "Ah also, you murdered your own wife and daughter. How could I forget that? Silly me."

She tilted her head. "How fast can you run?" The man furrowed his eyebrows. "How fast can you run from me? Fast enough to save yourself?" The man didn't understand; yet, he turned back and started to run.

Aegyo just watched him running. She kneeled down near the cat that was lying on the ground. She could sense its pain. Aegyo swiped her hand over the cat and healed it. She stood up again and teleported herself in front of him.

"You are not fast enough." She spoke.

Jaewon was in shock. "How did you..?"

"Now run towards that direction. 3, 2, 1."

Jaewon, out of breath, rested with his palms on his kneecaps. "What if I don't? What can you even do, huh?"

Aegyo held her hand in the air and Jaewon was held up in the air at the same time. "Tonight I will kill you," She spoke, "for not running and no one will ever come to save you."

Jaewon swung his legs in the air. "What are you?"

"You should have run, Ahn Jaewon." Aegyo kept holding him in the air.

"What the fuck are you? Devil? Witch?" He carried asking.

Aegyo breathed out. "Close. Kind of like a grim reaper." Aegyo folded her fingers and Jaewon started to choke. "How dare you hurt a cat?"

"Tight, it's tight." Jaewon struggled.

"Ah yes, it is even going to be tighter." It indeed got tighter. Jaewon didn't understand how a human-looking woman was choking him without any physical contact.

Aegyo dropped her hand and so did Jaewon. He moaned in pain. Without wasting time, she consecutively kicked him. Compared to others, Jaewon noticed her kicks were much stronger. The next kick found his head, which was enough to get the revenge of the cat.

Aegyo created a tunnel on the ground and she pushed the soul of the body. "Now that's where you belong."

*

She was in front of you, kneeling. Her arms were rested on the couch near your thighs. She was looking up at you, and you felt trapped. "You have cried." She said, proving you that you cannot escape from her anymore.

"I miss my dad." You spoke but felt that urge of crying building up. And your dad was not an excuse of your crying; it was partly the reason.

"I know it is tough to lose someone, but you distanced yourself from me." Aegyo tilted her head to right side. "Have I done something wrong?"

You broke down after hearing her. It was never your fault in the first place. I will be doing something wrong to you.

Aegyo sat right next to you. She pulled you to her embrace. "Cry as much as you want. You can explain later, Angel."

Saving yourself from her embrace, you leaned in and took a tissue. Aegyo watched you wiping your tears. "It may be," you breathed out and tried to catch your breath, "something that you might hate me for."

A "tsk" escaped from Aegyo's lips. Suddenly you felt her arm going behind your armpits and back of your kneecaps. She pulled you into her lap. "Whatever it is, I will never hate you." She tucked your hair behind your ear. She is so gentle with me.

"I am," you started and gathered your courage as you looked into her eyes, "dying, Aegyo."

She already knew that even before you were reborn. Aegyo wanted to open her mouth and say she knew it but restrained herself.

"I don't know how much time I have left. The doctor I went to guaranteed minimum six months, and a year maximum." Rather than saying anything, Aegyo was only staring at you. "And when I die, you will be left alone. I am so sorry that I will have to put you through such pain in the future. If I had chance..." Your throat got stuck by the sobs. Tears started to fall down again. "There are so many people doing horrible things and I don't undertand why I have this incurable tumour. I just want to be by your side, Aegyo. Can't I just live with you forever?"

She wiped your tears with her fingers. But then, they stopped and the scene of you wiping her tears played in front of her eyes. She blinked twice and looked at you. "I will save you."

"It is inevitable, Aegyo."

"Y/N." She pronounced your name adamantly. "There are things you must know."

*

things are getting untagled and tangled at the same time so stay tuned!  (: