I

(recommended song for the chapter: wonderwall by zella day)

——♡——

"also, happy birthday"

——♡——

I should have appreciated rain more, you thought the moment you stepped out of the bus. You clutched onto your umbrella. The sound of the cars going on a wet road entagled with the sound people's laughters and conversations. You felt gloomy. Now the days were shorter, and the outside was getting darker easily-like you were running out of time.

There were two days until your birthday. In your eyes, birthdays weren't anything special to you. It's just another year went by whether full of happy moments or bunch of failures. Age wasn't that important too; anything could happen at any age. And to you, years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds were non-existent; time didn't matter actually. People only needed it to make their life easier. This was how you perceived life and time.

You stood in front of a familiar building. Luckily, the door was open. You climbed up the stairs until the fourth floor. After pressing on the bell, you waited for your friend to answer the door. It didn't took her too long to greet you.

"Park Y/N!" She chimmed. Giggling, you let your body being engulfed in her embrace. Same jasmine scent invoke the past days. You hadn't seen each other for a month and a half. Her being on a trip came in handy for you at the same time. Not wanting the get emotional, you broke the hug. From her face, you could understand that she wasn't expecting such sudden move.

"You made it finally." A voice behind your friend said. You smiled and nodded your head. It still felt awkward. She didn't have anything against you, but, her voice tone still made you think that she hated you. In fact, she didn't. You knew she didn't; that was just how Cheon Seojin–your bestfriend's soulmate–was.

"You must be cold," Yoonhee said, "Come in. We have hot chocolate."

While stepping in, you slightly smiled at Seojin who was holding the door. Damn, so dominant, you thought. "You can give me your bag."

Her suggestion caught you off-guard. You washed off your astonishment quickly and let your bag slide off your shoulder. "Thank you," you said after handing it.

Yoonhee walked in front of you and guided you to the kitchen. You took a seat as you looked around the both kitchen and living room. "You've made some alterations I noticed."

Yoonhee put a mug in front of you. Seojin also came and sat across you. You looked down at the mug and could see the smoke coming from hot chocolate. "Yes, Seojin arranged everything."