CHAPTER - 6

"The truth is that the boss should have killed this one. I don't know why he kept him, he's more of a burden than anything...” AJ's words echoed in Nathan's mind, making him feel bad for himself. He realized that he had made mistakes against the organization and offended his benefactor.” Nathan looked down at the frozen waters of the river before climbing to sit on the railing of the ship's deck.

He thought again of Noris. Nathan admits that he can handle being here because of Noris. However, when Noris silently disappeared, he felt empty and lost. Before the tears slowly fell and before Nathan could launch himself onto the ice below, a hand caught him, stopping him from falling.

-Hey what are you doing? Carlos's voice boomed before quickly communicating to Dr. Mason.

- Dr. Mason, I found him. He was about to kill himself, said Carlos, who was in charge of finding Nathan, so Dr. Mason went to find Nathan, but he couldn't find him in his room or in the dining room.

Dr. Mason knew from Luka that Nathan had been reprimanded by AJ during the day for mistakes at work. Dr. Mason had just been released from his lab duties and decided to check for himself, but when he didn't find Nathan, he immediately alerted Carlos and the others to look for him.

Carlos, who was on the upper deck, seemed to catch a glimpse of Nathan and ran to catch him. Fortunately, he arrived in time to stop Nathan from killing himself.

Nathan was apprehended in time. She fell into Carlos's embrace and cried hard. Dr. Mason was surprised and instructed Carlos to take Nathan back to the room. Nathan had no strength to walk or do anything. He cried heavily as Carlos carried him back into the room where Dr. Mason and Dr. Tohru were waiting anxiously.

-Bring him into the room first, ordered Dr. Mason. Carlos picked Nathan up and put him on the bed. Nathan was exhausted and kept crying.

-What were you trying to do, Nathan? If Noris finds out, I will surely be killed for not taking care of you. Dr. Mason said in a not very serious tone. He was also worried about Nathan, who continued to cry without stopping. Dr. Tohru brought a blanket to cover him as Nathan's body was extremely cold.

-Thank you very much, Carlos. Keep up the good work, he thanked Dr. Mason and Carlos nodded before leaving. Dr. Tohru made a cursory examination of Nathan's body.

-Don't worry, Nathan. "We're here to help you," Dr. Mason said, trying to comfort Nathan, who was visibly shaken.

-It's good. There are only a few scratches. Probably when Carlos dragged him in his arms. We'll have to wait and see if he feels better tomorrow though, the doctor informed and Dr. Mason nodded as he gave Nathan a strained look. When Dr. Tohru left, only Dr. Mason and Nathan remained in the room.

-Nathan, why did you do that? What were you thinking of? You can talk to me, Dr. Mason said in a soft voice, because he knew that Nathan's mental state was not right. Remembering AJ's words that Luka had shared, Dr. Mason felt angry at AJ.

[[ My presence here is nothing to use. ]]  Nathan wrote.

-Who said it's useless? If it's useless, why were you sent to work here? It is true that you were sent here because you were wrong. However, you are here to help with the work, just like the rest of us, said Dr Mason. Nathan was still crying.

-I know you feel guilty, but before you ask others to forgive you, you should forgive yourself and try to make things right, right? Doctor Mason said again before sitting next to Nathan and rubbing his back

"Tonight, I will sleep here as a friend," said Dr. Mason.

[[ Is OKAY , I can stay. ]]Nathan wrote.

"It's for my peace of mind," said Dr. Mason.

Nathan was silent for a moment before finally agreeing. Dr. Mason continued to soothe Nathan, letting him cry until he was satisfied before letting him shower and sleep.

When Nathan fell asleep, Dr. Mason texted Noris to tell him the whole story of what happened.