56-60

Chapter56

Yaoniang didn't dare to pick up the necklace. She said with trepidation, "Your Highness, this is too expensive."

Consort Jin did not speak. Zi Yan, who stood at the side, said with a smile, "Nanny Su has a good character. With your hardworking and sincere attitude, you deserve this reward. Besides, this isn't for you, but for the child."

With these words spoken, Yaoniang could only accept the gift. "This servant thanks the Consort for the reward."

With Yaoniang's acceptance, it meant that she was now one of their own people. Zi Yan's attitude became much softer.

Zi Han asked Yaoniang, "Nanny Su, what is your child's name?" After receiving Yaoniang's answer, she smiled and said to Consort Jin, "Your highness, look at how handsome this child is. He lives up to his name*. "

Zi Meng nodded earnestly. "You don't say! Nanny Su is very fortunate."

Xiaobao was the main topic of the ensuing chatter and he garnered much praise from the servant girls. After a while, Yaoniang had the illusion that she had a good relationship with all of them. Consort Jin spoke very little from the beginning to the end, but she kept a smile on her face. She appeared to be someone who enjoys indulging her maids. 

When the consort was tired, she waved at Yaoniang to leave.

Zi Han offered to walk Yaoniang out.

At first, Yaoniang refused, but her refusal was not accepted. She could only walk out with Zi Han.

"Nanny Su is very blessed. This is the first time that I have seen the consort treat someone like this." Zi Han's smile was very meaningful. "But there's one thing that definitely isn't false. Those who follow the consort would never be treated badly,"

Yaoniang's eyes were in a daze. She lowered her head and said, "The consort is a good person."

Zi Han smiled and waved her hand, "It is also because Nanny Su's character is well regarded by the consort. I have never seen anyone else with this honour." She stretched out her hand and stroked Xiaobao's head, "What a beautiful child. In the future, your mother will count on you. You must work hard to gain honour and distinguish yourself. Then your mother wouldn't have raised you all on her own in vain."

Seeing that Xiaobao looked a little uneasy, Yaoniang patted him twice and smiled a little shyly. "The child is still young. Who knows what it will be like in the future? I don't need him to be outstanding. As long as he grows up safe and healthy, that's enough."

Obviously, Zi Han disagreed. "Nanny Su's way of thinking is not good. This child is a good seed. What he will be like in the future depends on the teachings of the adult. Like a small sapling, you must carefully water, fertilize and weed it. When the wind blows and the branches become crooked, you must straighten them so that the sapling can grow bigger and taller. These words may not be pleasant to the ears. But Nanny Su, you are a servant who waits on other people. Are you willing to let your son serve others in the future? Isn't it better for him to work hard and rise above others?"

What a good saying, rising above others!

But what support was needed to get ahead? Obviously, it was not something Yaoniang can provide on her own as a wet nurse. Consort Jin and her people had said many good things about Xiaobao, all sorts of compliments. Which mother isn't willing to hear other people say good things about their child? Naturally, she would rejoice when she hears it. But when one is happy, they would yearn for more. Then, tips and suggestions would follow.

No one hopes for their child to be a servant in the future. If she hadn't experienced everything in her previous life... If Yaoniang was a typical simple-minded nanny... Perhaps these people would have already moved her.