Chapter 3 : Blazing Sea

Gale's POV

I still couldn't piece together the man's plan for me. Kane, I mean. I frowned as we continued walking, he hasn't laid his hand on me, he hasn't tried inflicting pain on me... Well only once because I defied him but not out of pleasure. Then he actually healed me and tended to my wounds. I really don't get it.

I looked over at him and then began to think, well... If all it takes to not get hurt is just to be obedient. This might be my best owner yet... I shook off that horrific thought, being someone's slave is still awful, I need to find another chance to escape.

"Who goes there?" Someone asked. I didn't even noticed a werewolf was standing on a tree root a few feet above us.

At least I think he was a werewolf, I still think I can't trust my nose anymore. He was a guard on border patrol, you can obviously tell from the mismatch steel armor and the sword slung onto his belt. He was a pretty buffy man, almost looking like a body builder.

Kane then said in a completely different voice then how he talks to me, in a light respectful tone he said,"Me and my companion are traveling wolves, on a journey north, humbly seeking a safe place to sleep, only for a night on your territory."

The gruffy man scratched his thick beard, he said,"Do you have a rite of passage?"

Kane took out a necklace from his shirt it was a stone picture of a wolf with clay beads as ears. The guard nodded and his eyes glazed over, meaning he was in a telepathic conversation with his pack, a mind-link.

Kane then whispering to me,"This necklace shows, we are not rouge werewolves."

Oh, I nodded at him. 

The guard said,"Go east, the Alpha will meet you."

Kane summitted and said,"Thank you kind sir."

He walked up the steep hill and offered a hand, I hesitantly took it, as we walked past the guard he called out,"Welcome to Blazing Sea territory."

We then walked into the deep dark forest again, nothing changed about the forest for a while. Looking exactly the same as the forest we just were in. But suddenly we walked into a fully modernized sea side city, bustling with life, with werewolves and humans? Spaning a my entire view was a fully functioning large scale city going from the forest to the sea. I was wolves and humans going about their daily lives looking like they were in a hurry to do something. Werewolves were freely in the wolf forms walking around the city blocks, the beach in the distance had some humans and wolves playing a game of tag.

I glance at Kane, a little bit confused.

He then realized,"You must be from the North huh? Werewolves in the South have fully integrated with humans in society. Their not as hostile as the human and werewolf wars in the North, however because of this, very few southern wolves have abilities like ours." 

He then materialized his glowing red chains, I still have horrid memories of that thing so I winched a little. 

Huh, I thought to myself that he must also be from the north then too. Kane continued stating,"But southern packs have a lot more fighting and instability because of the few powers they have, unlike the wolves in the North, having barely any territory changes in the past decades. The South constantly have new packs being made and destroyed."

Interesting I thought to myself, I can't really picture a world without special abilities because they have been common place in my home. But to imagine a peaceful place like this could get destroyed in seconds.. Wait, I can't believe I'm having a history lesson with my owner right now.

Then we heard a happy yell,"Greetings!!"

A werewolf came to us with two girls in tow. He was a muscular tanned man, shirtless, wearing only black jeans and a rhinestone belt and some flipflops. He has short curly black hair and yellowish green eyes, he grinned as he said,"How are you fine wolves?"