(19) Lucys birthday

(AN)
Ahhhh! I'm nervous because as I'm writing this chapter I just published the first one so!
____________________________________________________________

Lucy's pov

I woke up early and excited. Today was my birthday! Not only am I turning a year older but I get to spend the day with natsu! I've been waiting for this for a week so I'm practically jumping up and down from excitement. I get out of bet and go into the main room where levy was already awake and cooking. "Happy birthday Lu!!" She says excitedly turning away from what she's cooking to hug me. "Thanks lev!" I say hugging her back. "I'm making breakfast but after you can open your gift, I'm not letting you leave till you do anyways." She laughs and continues cooking. She finished making breakfast which were crepes with nutella and strawberries. "Thanks lev, you know it's my favorite!" I say smiling and taking a bite. "Of course Lu!" She smiles. We both finish eating and she hands me my gift. "Go on open it!" She says eagerly to see my reaction. I open it to see a book series I've been wanting and a few little cute trinkets that will go perfectly on my desk. I huge smile starts to overcome my face. "Aww thank you lev, you didn't half to I love it!!" I say excitedly. "I can't wait to read them!!" I say rushing to give her a hug. "I'm glad you love it." She smiles. "Now you better get ready for your date." She smiles again at me. "Right." I say going to my room.

It's supposed to be real,y hot today so I'm planning on wearing a tank top and a skirt. Nastu said he's going to pick me up and 12 so that gives me plenty of time. I sit on my phone for a bit answering everyone's text and a call from my grandma. "Happy birthday Lu Lu!" She cheers. "Thanks grandma." I say with a smile, though she can't see it. "It's been awhile, anything new happened? New friends, a boyfriend maybe?" She says a little excited. "Sorry to disappoint you but no, still single, and the same friends from before." I tell her with a sigh. "You really need to put yourself out there more!" She tells me. "No, plus I already have someone in mind." I say shyly. "Who's the guy?" She asks intrigued for my answer. "Is it that pink haired boy you would tell me about when we called?" She asks me. "Yeah." I say a little more quietly, my face starting to get pinker. "Well you better make your move soon, before you know it you'll be thirty and still not have your first kiss." She laughs. "Yeah.... About that." I say as I nervously chuckle. "Who was it!" She asks excitedly. "The pink haired boy, natsu." I say my face getting even pinker. "And you're not dating yet! Lucy!" She yells. "I know, I know." I laugh. "Anyways I have to go, but have fun!" She tells me as she hangs up.

I go to the bathroom to shower and also to clear my mind. I wonder what natsu wants to do today, or maybe what he's going to do? I guess I won't know until he picks me up. I finish my shower and get dressed, leaving my hair for later. I look for a bag that will match my outfit and I also look for where I put my charger. I plug my phone in and go back to the bathroom to do my hair. "Hey Lu, since you're going to be out I'm gonna pick up everyone's gifts for you, so you can open them when you get back." Levy tells me opening the bathroom door. "Okay, thanks lev!" I say cheerfully. I can't calm down with how nervous and excited I am. Levy leaves and closes the door behind her leaving me alone with my thoughts for the next 20 minutes that I have to wait for natsu. After I finish getting ready I wait in the main room anxiously. Just as I start to settle down I get scared by a knock on the door. I un-tense quickly when I remember who it is. I match my way over to the door with a smile plastered to my face. "Hey Luce, ready to go?" He asks me with a cheeky grin that makes me blush. "Yep." I show off my own grin as I exit my dorm and lock the door.

"So, where are we going?" I ask hoping for an answer. "You'll see when you get there, be patient." He tells me. "I've waited a week already though!" I complain. "A few more minutes won't hurt cha Luce." Natsu laughs. I laugh at myself and keep the same pace as natsu as we walk. We get into the car and he gives me aux cord privileges. I plug in my phone and we listen to music and converse as natsu drives. "We're here!" Natsu cheers. I look out the window to see the blue colored building in front of me. "An aquarium! Who told you that I love aquariums!?" I say excitedly. "No one, I had my own knowledge." Natsu says confidently. "Come on let's go." I say as I practically race out of the car. Me and natsu walk in and he shows his phone to the front desk as they let us in. We walk around as I point out different marine animals that I love. "What's that one?" Natsu asks me as he points to a tank. "Natsu! How do you not know what a tiger shark is!" I say shocked. "Because I'm not a nerd." He says. "Okay, well at least I'm smart." I shoot back. "Damn you got me there." He say defeated.

We walk around a little more until Natsu stops us to get some food, it was a little too late to be considered lunch. We order our food and chat as we eat. I'm practically crying from how much I'm laughing. "Natsu!" I shout in a laugh. "It wasn't that funny." Natsu says holding in a laugh. After a few minutes and many stares from other people we finally get ourselves recuperated. "Wanna go to the gift shop, I'll pay." He says which temps me. "Sure." I smile. We  start making out way to the gift shop and as soon as I walk in I see a giant jellyfish plush. "Omg natsu look!" I say jumping up and down as I rush over to it. "You want it?" He asks me. I check the price tag to see $50 written on it. "Never mind." I say slowly putting the jellyfish back.  "What how much is it?" Natsu asks as he pick up the jellyfish. "Luce don't worry I have 50 dollars to spare and plus, it's your birthday." He says. "Really natsu it's okay I don't need it." I insist shaking my hands. "Really Luce it's okay." He says back to me. Before I can say anything else he's already going up to the cashier and checking out. "Here." He says handing me the jelly fish with a smile. "Thank you natsu, you do to much for me." I say blushing and giving him a hug to thank him. He just smiles and we start to leave.

I get in the car but before he gets in he grabs something from the trunk. "Here, I know it's a little awkward to open it in the car but." He says handing me a pink bag with tissue paper sticking out from the top. "Natsu, you didn't have to. Plus what you got me at the aquarium was enough." I say holding the gift. He laughs and I start to open the gift. I first take out the card in a pink envelope. I start reading the card, "Happy Birthday Lucy, Though we've only know each other for not even a year you're one of my closest friends. I enjoy talking to you so much, and spending time with you. You make my days so much brighter just by being there. I know we've had our ups and downs, like every friendship but I would never let that get in the way of what we have. And I know all this is a bit cringy but I really do mean everything that I say (besides the mean things, those are a joke)." I let out a little laugh when reading that part at the end. I start reading again, "I hope you have the best birthday and that you also love your gift. From Natsu." I finish reading the card and I can't help but smile at it. The little details he also put on the card just warms my heart. "Thanks Natsu, you mean a lot to me too." I tell him. He smiles and I continue to open my gift.

"This is really too much Natsu." I say after opening the gift. "Just think of it as me finally paying you back for all the food you've gotten me." He says. I laugh yet again at his silly remarks about things. While we sit there in silence I can't help but feel this urge. As I can't stop looking at his lips as we just stare, the feeling of the surprisingly soft lips I felt in the beginning of summer comes back to my mind. I move my hand a bit before he turns away back to face the road as he starts the car. "It's going to get dark soon." He says as he puts his seatbelt on. "Right." I say with a little bit of pain in my voice. "Ah, I was wondering." He pauses. "If you know, maybe wanted to come over instead of going to your dorm?" He asks me as I see a slight blush start to grow on his cheeks. "I was hoping you'd ask that." I smile.

We get to his dorm and I text levy that I wasn't going to come home till later. "The mess is grays fault." He tells me pointing at gray who is just walking out of his room. I laugh when gray looks at us confused. "What's my fault?" He asks angrily. "The mess." Natsu shoots at him. "Dud the was all you." Gray says. "Wanna fight!" Natsu shouts. "You won't even last a second!" Gray shouts back. The two start at it and I sigh. "God, you two need to learn some manners!" I shout at the both of them, giving them a stare. "We're sorry!" The two both say nervously in union. "You guys are grown ass men, you should know how to act around guest." I tell them. "Yeah Natsu." Gray whispers to Natsu. "Me!" Natsu yells. "You started it!" He yells again. As they were going to start fighting again I took Natsu by the hand and dragged him off to his room. "I don't want to spend all my time here watching you two fight, cut it out." I tell him. "Sorry." He says embarrassed. "It's fine, what do you want to do?" I ask with a sigh. "How does a movie sound?" He asks me. "Sure, but can I choose?" I ask with puppy dog eyes. "Fine." He says. "Ok! Let's watch all the harry potter movies!" I say excitedly since I haven't watched them in a while. He sits on his bed and turns on the tv with me following after him quickly. We start watching the movies and I get to about the 5th movie when I fall asleep.

"Luce." Natsu says slightly shaking me awake. "Mmm." I groan as I wake up. "What?" I yawn. "Here go change." He says handing me a shirt and sweats. I get up and start changing. I notice Natsu puts the blanket over his head which makes me laugh inside. I finish changing and lay back down in the bed, the movie still playing. I start to fall back asleep with my head slightly touching Natsu chest.

____________________________________________________

(A/N)
I just noticed that the paragraphs are kinda long but I promise if you're on ipad (what I write on) it looks smaller.
Word count: 2049