Chapter 1. Anticipation

She's been waiting for it for so long... Maybe, for too long. Ann had imagined their first night multiple times, and now things seemed unrealistic.

Theo gently hugged her waist, his skilled fingers unbuttoning the tight corsage of her dress. His hot lips touched her neck, causing her obedient body to tremble.

Her mouth half-opened as she released a sweet moan of anticipation. Theo touched her chin, bringing her focus to the present moment. His blue eyes locked with hers, reflecting the candlelight playing in his pupils.

"Annie," he called, his voice slightly hoarse, revealing his desire. Its sound set her heart ablaze.

She licked her dry lips. "Yes?"

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"I think I've always been ready," she whispered. "Ever since the day I met you."

He narrowed his eyes, his mischievous smile teasing her. "You mean... I could just take advantage of you? Without all these torturous delays?"

"Maybe." Ann chuckled. "But then it wouldn't be as much fun."

Theo took a step back. Now, with her vision no longer blurred by passion, Ann noticed that the bed sheets were covered with red rose petals. She shifted her gaze to the side table, where candles burned, illuminating a tray with two empty glasses and a bottle of champagne. "Wow, you prepared all of this for me?"

"For us," he corrected, taking both glasses and handing one to Ann.

She gave him a hesitant look. "I don't drink alcohol. Sorry."

"It's okay," he said calmly. "I just thought it would help soothe the nerves. But I can bring you some lemon water."

"That would be nice."

"I'll be back in five."

He walked out, leaving Ann alone in the spacious bedroom. She sat on the cozy, soft bed and stroked the pillow. Silk bed sheets. He had put in so much effort! She smiled, imagining Theo laying her on this pillow as he continued to kiss her obedient body.

This moment was so close that it made her heart pound. Ann fell back onto the bed, relishing in the sensation.

Theo's voice echoed from the kitchen. "There is one more thing we need to discuss."

"Which one?" she asked.

"Protection."

She turned her head towards the door. "What do you mean?"

"There is a special potion to prevent... any unexpected consequences of tonight."

Ann laughed, amazed by his thoughtfulness. "I know. Marie instructed me well. I've been taking the Preventive Drops for a while now."

His head popped out in the door frame. "Oh... That's great. I took some potion too, just to be sure."

"Oh... Now I see what's taking you so long in there."

He smiled apologetically. "Sorry. I'll be back in a moment."

"I'm not going anywhere," Ann assured him.

Taking advantage of the time while Theo was still fussing in the kitchen, she removed the rest of her clothes and climbed under the soft bed sheet. Her body fully relaxed, and Ann closed her eyes for a moment. Unfortunately, she didn't notice how her mind clouded, and the cozy dream embraced her.

* * * *

When Ann opened her eyes, the sun shone brightly through the light curtains. She blinked, slowly awakening and trying to remember where she was. The candles on the nightstand were burnt, and a single glass of lemon water sparkled in the sun's rays. Then the memory of the previous night flooded her mind - when Theo had walked to the kitchen to bring this very glass. But she couldn't recall him returning.