Curse Womb Must Die

-THE DAY BEFORE THE INCIDENT-

"Why do you have to leave if you don't mind me asking?"

Y/N watches as Gojo grabs a blue duffle bag before walking out of the classroom. She was tired, she was woken up at five fifteen in the morning when she heard some banging in the dorm room kitchen and shortly after a 'shit' was yelled out.

When she had walked into the kitchen, she had to help a frustrated Gojo searching for some sort of snack he had hid in one of the cabinets that apparently wasn't there anymore.

He must have really been blind because it was literally where he said he put it, and she was awoke for no damn reason. She used to be a very deep sleeper but ever since the incident at Itadori's school, she hasn't been able to sleep as well.

"It's a surprise, don't worry, I'll be back in time."

"Time for what?"

"Who knows." He chuckles already pissing Y/N off this early in the morning.

Y/N just sighs, walking out of the dorms with Gojo, the sky barely showing the effects of the sunrise.

"Don't expect any souvenirs."

"Sure." Was all Y/N said, stopping just before she fully left the property of the school.

Gojo wanted to tease her, after all, that always seemed to be his first response to everything with her. But he stopped himself when he saw her face. She looked tired but there was also something else.

Like trauma of some sort. Could it be from what's been happening recently or could it be from something in her past? He wasn't sure but he didn't actually feel like teasing her anymore.

He'll still tease her though, but just a little bit.

"Hey, what's wrong little lady?"

"Oh... Nothing, I've just been... Thinking I guess."

"About what?"

"You told me in the hospital when we first met... That I could leave whenever I want."

He didn't say anything, nor did his face show any emotion. It just seemed like a blank staring contest between the two, even with the blindfold he had on.

"Yeah I did... You wanna leave?" Gojo asks, already regretting the promise he made to her. Unfortunately even though he had said that, he wouldn't be able to keep it.

"Well... Yes I do, I'm not gonna pretend that I like being here. But I have a feeling that even though you said that, if I try to leave, I won't be able to... Am I right?"

"... Maybe... Yes, I... I'll be able to explain as long as your patient."

"Okay." Y/N remarked, her face not changing in expression but her mind going pretty fast. She would technically be held here against her will if she actually tried to leave.

"Why do you want to leave?"

"... I'm not strong enough, mentally or physically. That's Itadori, he can do this and I can't. So can Fushiguro and Nobara. This just isn't... It doesn't work for me."

"... Right... I'll see if I can talk the higher ups into letting you drop out." Gojo mumbled, still being loud enough for Y/N to hear him.

Now she felt a bit guilty.

Y/N genuinely would like to think that she was strong enough for this, that she could be as strong as Yuji, as mentally prepared as Fushiguro, as excited and courageous as Nobara. It would make her proud of herself for once in her life but none of those qualities fit her.