Loving Him Was Red

Serena’s P.O.V

It was already Thursday. The week had flown by so quickly with the several assignments and piles of homework awaiting completion. Today was basically the only day I had free all week. The girls, Emma and Sutton, over to help my mom out with these four paintings that she needed models for. My mom had her own art gallery and occasionally she would feature her own art.

I heard the doorbell ring as I was pulling on a pair of old shorts that would later be covered with paint.

“HI!” I exclaimed. I was actually extremely excited to see them, between me trying to avoid Thayer as much as possible and completing all my work as soon as possible, I had barely even seen them. I wasn’t sure why I was avoiding Thayer. It’s not like I actually I much of a reason to and he was probably hating me at the moment but I felt like I needed to. I needed to get over him before I spoke to him again. I knew I would end up hurting him and he definitely did not deserve that. He was one of the sweetest guys I had ever met. That’s probably why we ended up so close, he put up with all of my shit. I was hurting so bad from the Ethan stuff that I wasn’t actually sure whether my feelings for him were real or if they had developed because he was there for me when I needed him and also, I was pretty sure he had a thing for Em.

“Hey Love!” They said together.

“HOLY SHIT! YOUR HAIR IS RED!” Sutton exclaimed.

“Yes it is. I just felt like doing it.” I said with a smile.

They were so excited for this modeling thing. In fact, I was pretty excited too. My mom wanted to try a new idea with us. She planned on making us pose however we wanted to and then splatter paint at us, leaving just the silhouette behind. I thought it was going to look great. I was wearing an old white tee and the shorts I put on earlier. I walked with them to my mom’s studio which was basically our basement with one wall having a huge white paper pinned onto a wall in front of which we would pose. Her paints were all ready and waiting for us. My mom also kept all my old dance tapes there. She thought they were well hidden. I wanted to throw them away years ago. It’s not like they meant anything to me nor I was going to start dancing again either. I was just hoping she didn’t get too caught up in them.

“Hello Girls!” My mom said excitedly.

“Hello Mrs. Montgomery” They replied. “So what exactly are we doing here?” Emma said.

“Well the basic idea is silhouettes. We’ve got all the colors here. Throw whatever you want.” My mom chuckled.

There were several huge bottles of Acron paints kept at the side. Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Purple, Neon pink, Fluorescent green, etc. Seeing the various colors made me excited for that day despite knowing that it would take at least 3 bottles of shampoo to get the color out of my hair, my red hair but honestly I didn’t care. I was looking to have some fun. I wanted to get Thayer out of my mind. I wanted to let loose with some of the best friends in the whole world.

“Who’s first, girls?” My mom asked all of us.

“ME!” screamed Emma and my mom chuckled. I walked over to the boom box my mom kept in her studio and connected my phone, putting ‘Dance With Me Tonight’ by Olly Murs on.

My name is Olly nice to meet you can I tell you baby

The First splatter of blue paint was thrown by Sutton as I followed immediately with green. The colors kept flying in the air onto Em’s clothing, hair and body, and also hitting the canvas behind her.

“I just wanna, oh baby, I just want you to dance with me tonight, So come on, oh baby, I just want you to dance with me tonight. Oh baby ” Me and Sutton were singing along with Olly Murs. We danced along with the music and threw more paint at Emma while she cringed, trying not to ruin the painting by moving.