Prologue

Prologue:

I saw him in the distance and all our memories came rushing back. Our first kiss, the time he told me that he loved me, how he encouraged my dreams, the time when I told what a mess my life used to be, the time when I told him that I loved him. I had never stopped loving him. Just to see him again, my mind was flooded with the emotions in that last kiss before we decided to let it all go.

I felt his arms wrap around me tightly. The tears that streamed down my face hit his shoulder. He was there. My hand shaking as he held it. The smile spread across my face. His hand moved behind my neck, it felt right. It was destiny. This was meant to happen. I couldn't deny it anymore. The longer I kept telling myself he wasn't right, he didn't fit the image I wanted, the longer I was feeling unhappy. My head against his chest, our hearts beating together. Feels just like yesterday I was sitting on my bed and crying about the fact that he had to leave. And then we kissed.

The kiss that I was waiting for since the last year. I looked into is his eyes and in that moment, nothing else exsisted, it was like entering a parallel universe. The only thing I was certain of was that I wanted it to be this way forever. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted to be his forever. I didn't want anyone else to feel the way I do about her. He was mine and I was his to keep. I never wanted to let him go. His fingers entangled in my red hair. His lips against mine felt perfect. They set sparks off inside me. I wanted to lay down in his arms and have him rescue me.

I never wanted things with him to end. I thought it would be easier. I was wrong. It only became more difficult. "I love you Thayer." I whispered just near his ear. "I'll never stop loving you Serena."

This moment was ours forever.