Sage The 'Wingman'

Thayer's P.O.V

The weekend seemed to pass by so quickly. I spent almost the entire of Sunday thinking about Serena. I always had feelings for her but never had they made me walk into a wall while I was on the phone with her causing my little sister to giggle while she stroked her bunny's fur in her arms. Serena used to bring her little sister Sarah to play Taylor and she would run around behind Sage (our bunny). This had been going on for so many years that our families were practically family.

I got dressed and grabbed my lunch while shoving my homework into my bag.
"Tay! Get dressed fast. I'm going to be late." I yelled as I seen my little sister chasing Sage in her jammies not long before my mom picked up the bunny and sent her to her room.
"I'm waiting outside. Bye Mom. Love you.." I said while closing the door behind me.
"Hey there." I almost dropped my lunch to the ground when Serena's voice startled me from behind.
"Walking to school, are we?" I asked just as Tay ran out, ecstatic to go to school. I never understood where she got all that energy from.
"Yep" She replied with a chuckle. "I brought Sarah along too." Sarah waved to me while Taylor went on and on about how Sage almost bit her finger off.
"Still mad at Sean?" I asked.
"No. Not really. Once I got home, I apologized but I didn't tell him what happened in the park." I nodded as she spoke hen I started to look at her face. She seemed happy today. There was something different about her smile. She was never this chirpy after ending things with Ethan.

Serena's P.O.V

We walked to our school and for some reason I had an extremely empty feeling but then I remembered that Ethan would have already left for New York and I felt comfortable again.
"My mom told me that you'll be coming over today with Sarah?" Thayer said as he continued to text someone. He smiled as he got replies.

I wondered if he was texting a girl. A girlfriend I didn't know about. I felt a pang of jealousy sweep across my body. If he was dating someone, you'd be first to know. You know that. I told myself this hoping it would console me. Lately I'd been thinking about Thayer a lot. I wasn't like this usually. It was so unusual that when I told my mom I was on the phone with Thayer, she winked at me. Was I so oblivious to the fact that we had chemistry for the past 6 years? I had to snap out of this.
"Yeah. I'm bringing her at like 5. Keep Sage ready." I replied after a while, not that he had actually noticed. He was highly engrossed with his phone which actually annoyed me.

I stormed off in the front, leaving him walking behind with Sarh and Taylor. "Ser'?" I heard him say behind me but I just continued to walk ahead. I knew I was overreacting but he had never done that to me ever. Whenever he spoke I had his complete attention and not to mention texting while you're talking to someone is incredibly rude. I jogged ahead and walked through the main gate of our school

Emma's P.O.V

I walked over to Serena as I seen her approach her locker. "So I was just texting Thayer and he told me that you stormed off while you'll were talking. What's that about?" I asked.
"He was talking to you. What were you'll even talking about?" She demanded.
"Nothing. Just regular stuff." I stuttered.
"Well, He just kept smiling at his phone and not replying to thing I said." Serena replied as she shoved books into her locker. "I'll talk to you later. I need to meet someone." She said as she turned on her heel and strutted away. I couldn't possibly tell her what I was talking to Thayer about because it was about her. He was probably smiling at the fact that I told him to go for it with her. Although she always denied having feelings for him I knew that they'd end up together.
"Did you see Serena?" Thayer said, running up to me looking uneasy.
"Yeah. She told me you were ignoring her while you were texting me? Smiling at your phone and what not. Anyways then she walked off saying she had to meet 'someone'" I put 'someone' in air quotes when I said this.
"What do you mean someone?" He asked curiously.
"Don't know. I didn't bother asking. I'm heading to class, come with?" I asked.
"Sure. I'll talk to her later then." He replied tucking his phone into his pocket sheepishly