CHAPTER 35

JIMIN

Saying that my little brother is not in the right state of mind is a fact.

Throughout the long way to my home, he couldn't stay still on his seat. He sang french songs and put his head out of the window because according to him, it's really fun. I didn't pay him much attention. While he was being dumb and careless in his passenger seat, all my thoughts were directed on Minjeong.

Why would she want to be with a stranger she just met a few hours ago instead of me? I'm her longest friend for god sake!

All he did was acting like a pure arrogant jerk. I don't get it. She knows I can treat her better, but I guess, she thinks I'm mad at her.

That's not true. I'm just disappointed at the fact that she is too drunk to be aware of the danger surrounding her. She reminds me of my old self. I used to hang out a lot in bars with friends. Back then, I was careless and therefore, a man tried to take advantage of me. Krystal came to save me and without her, I think I would have been raped.

I don't want Minjeong to be in the same situation I was because it can destroy a life.

This girl needs to live a long and happy life. I don't care if I'm too protective with her, I just... don't want her to be hurt.

"Minjeong's a good girl," Woonbin starts before I open the door. "She's not a bitch who loves to piss you off."

I throw my bag on the sofa and put my long black coat on the coat hanger. Woonbin does the same with his leather jack and looks at me for an answer.

I let out a sigh, "I know and I feel bad for talking to her like a child."

He smiles at me and pats my shoulder.

"Go easy on her. When she'll be here, don't scold her right away, okay? Wait tomorrow."

I hate yelling at her, and seeing her painful expressions is hard to see. I'm her friend, not her mother. She's a smart girl. I know I don't have to worry when it comes to her because she's a trustworthy person.

"Do you want some water?" I ask him.

He shakes his head.

"I already drank some at the bar and I'm exhausted! I'm gonna pass out as soon as my head will hit a pillow."

"Sleep tight," I tell him as he walks to the guest room.

When he's out of my sight, I bite my lips and look at the front door. She will come here at any minute because she has the key to open my building door. My heart is starting to beat faster as I anticipate her coming. I take a deep breath and walk to my kitchen.

I pour some water in a glass and drink it one sip. I'm getting more and more impatient. Frustrated, I let out a low groan and walk back and forth in my living room.

After ten long minutes, I hear the door opening. Without hesitation, I rush to the hallway and come face to face with Minjeong.

"You've been waiting for me?" she asks me as I take a step back.

I cross my arms, "Of course, I was!"

She clenches her jaw and bypasses me, but I grab her wrist on time. She turns to look at me with confusion all over her face.

"What do you want?"

I sigh, "Stop acting tough."

In less than a second, her eyes fill with tears as she looks at me with an unreadable gaze. I feel the sudden urge of pulling her into a tight hug and never let her go. Since our high school days, I have always been worried about her on anything: her grades, her problems with her parents and boys. I see her as the little sister I never had, so I want to keep her out of everything that could ruin her life. Therefore, I never approved any of her past boyfriends because I always felt she was too good for them.