CHAPTER 17

JIMIN

It's already our last day in Santa Monica but I don't want to leave this beautiful landscape. The sky is mixed with warm orange and bright pink color under gray clouds. I wish I could admire it a little longer but we have to leave. Minjeong and I paid the hotelkeeper before biding our goodbye to him. We walked to a taxi and during all this time, we stayed silent.

When we arrived, I get out of the car after paying the driver. He smiles at us and leaves.

"I called Krystal yesterday to tell her about yesterday," I said, not waiting for an answer from her.

I don't expect anything from Minjeong anymore. She's mad at me, and we're starting to be on the same page. I am done with all of this bullshit. She is ruining her life but she doesn't do a damn thing about it. I tried to help her. I really tried. I gave her the cold shoulders hoping she would change her mind but it seems like, I'm talking to a wall. She's being immature and selfish because she doesn't put enough emphasis on the consequences.

She will be the black sheep of the family.

She will lose her job.

She will be mistreated.

This way of living will destroy her life and she doesn't know it yet.

"Ok," she shrugs and bypasses me to enter the house.

Her icy demeanor is back. I roll my eyes and follow her. The minute I take a step into the house, someone is crashing on me. I chuckle and wrap my arms around Krystal.

When Minjeong left my room that night, Krystal called because she was worried about us. I told that the car blew up and we were spending the night at a hotel. She was pissed about what happened to us and swore that she will sue the guy who rented us the car.

"I'm fine silly."

Yunjin joins our hug behind me but her collarbone hits my wound. Even if Minjeong put a pad on it, I'm still injured. I wince and push them gently.

"I have a little cut on my shoulder, it's not that bad but it stings."

After half an hour of preparing our luggage and treating the wound, we are ready to go. I called my manager to tell him I would be at the studio tomorrow and he was pleased to know I was back to work. The flight was short. Without even feeling the time passing by, we were already chilling in Krystal and Minjeong's apartment.

Ningning is cooking some dishes her mother taught her last week and the smell of it is delightful. Chin on my palms, I watch her cooking carrots.

"You sure you don't want my help?" I ask her.

She smiles at me and shakes her head. "Tell the girls it's almost ready."

I nod and walk to the living room. Yunjin and Minjeong are talking while Aeri is playing on her phone. Krystal couldn't be with us because Jared invited her for a romantic diner.

"The diner's almost done," I say to them causing Aeri to get up from the couch and smiles brightly.

She's a ball of sunshine when it comes to food – same thing with Ningning. I glance over her shoulder and see that the girls on the corner are wrapped in their bubble. They're laughing about something I didn't catch on.

I lost my breath when Yunjin's hand fall on Minjeong's thigh. A sudden fear claws at me as she smiles at the blonde girl who pinches her plump lips. The view is terrifying. I didn't know they were close together. Irene is an introvert person. She doesn't get along with everyone because she's extremely shy and she is having a hard time to have an open conversation with anyone.