CHAPTER 3

Krystal had made a lot of mistakes when she was a teenager, but over time she evolved to become a mature and responsible woman.

I'm proud of her and what she achieved in the past few years. She is a brilliant interior designer and a loyal friend.

She has become someone who thinks before doing something irresponsible and it shows that she is an adult now. I know that she is no longer the rebellious girl who uses her strength every time something upsets her. However, I kind of expected that she had a hard time accepting the coming out of her little sister.

"What happened?" I ask causing her to sigh and close her eyes.

"I pushed her on the floor and beaten her until she was barely breathing," she says causing me to gasp in surprise. She keeps her eyes closed as if she was too scared to open them and face me. "I called an ambulance and before I told the ambulance driver what happened, Minjeong said she had a car accident. After she was driving in the hospital, I felt guilty for almost killing her and broke into tears... it was a hard time for me, and even more for her. Our parents aren't approving that's why she moved in with me." she explains to me and everything is clear now.

I feel so reckless at the moment. After all this time, I thought that Minjeong had a car accident under the influence of alcohol and decided to live with Krystal because she wanted to stay longer when she goes clubbing. They wanted me to believe those liars. Minjeong is an excellent comedian, I have to admit it. When I visited her at the hospital and saw all of her bruises on her angelic face, I got angry. I couldn't bear the thought that she had almost killed herself by throwing her car on a tree so I scolded her for being a careless kid. She apologized for something she didn't do because she was protecting the truth behind the wounds on her face.

"That explains a lot," I say.

"She's not a bad kid."

Minjeong is not a spoiled child nor an annoying girl. There are a lot of times where I'm impressed at how strong she can be at her young age.

"I know," I sigh, feeling the eyes of my friend on me. "I just don't understand why she could be attracted to girls."

"It's the same thing with the way you are attracted to boys," Krystal chuckles as if it's obvious.

"Since when you support gay people ?" I ask, arching an eyebrow.

"Since I realized that there's nothing wrong with them. You should do the same," she pinches my cheeks.

I groan and slap her shoulder causing her to giggle.

"You know what I think about it. Even if... I tolerate the... new lifestyle of Minjeong, that doesn't mean I'm accepting them."

I can't throw my beliefs away because I don't want to despise Minjeong. I'm still hoping she is not in her right state of mind and marry a man. Perhaps, she hasn't found the prince charming yet. He's out there, waiting for her. I can't let her ruin her life by getting married to a random woman. It would be a huge mistake.

Feeling like it's time for me to go home, I walk towards the door before turning my head to her. "I've gotta go. I didn't prepare my suitcase yet," I lie but she doesn't know that.

"That's fine if you don't support her but please don't make it awkward than it already is. I'm still trying to gain her trust and I don't want you to make her feel guilty about how she feels. She's... she's just a kid and... I don't know, she's still my baby little sister..."

I turn my body towards her and smile at her while she's looking at me - trying desperately to read my mind.

"See you tomorrow," I say and leave the room.

I walk into the empty hallway hoping that I won't encounter Minjeong again and my wish came true. She is nowhere to be found. My heart throbbing violently against my chest, I open the front door and close it behind me. Thank God, there's no sign of her. I sigh in relief and leave the apartment before realizing one thing.

I'm avoiding her.

Shit.

I'm making it awkward.